Comair sold to Mesa?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
loflyer said:
Don't think I'd worry too much about this one...Johnny O doesn't have the cash Skywest does; and I can't imagine how Delta would benefit from some stock trade style purchase this close to bankruptcy - cash is king right now.

BINGO! Mesa only has about 250 million in cash. If they were to pull this off they would have to bring in an outside investor. Anything is possible, but I doubt it. -Bean

No you guys have it all wrong. XJET is going to buy Comair. GEEZe getit right.

we're all wrong. the financial geniuses at Delta are going to sell Comair to Delta for $1 billion. they said it will improve Delta's cash position by a $1 billion.

We can only hoe...... I mean hope, Hooter's Air is buying Comair!

This might be a good combination...two companies who enjoy the race to the bottom...:eek:

Thanks again for the knife in the back...though it seems to be healing nicely...

Love,

Your fellow ASA pilot

FL990 said:
This might be a good combination...two companies who enjoy the race to the bottom...:eek:

Thanks again for the knife in the back...though it seems to be healing nicely...

Love,

Your fellow ASA pilot

FL990,
As a fellow ASA pilot, I have several questions for you.

1. Did Mesaba or XJT pilots stab us in the back when they negotiated sub-CMR contracts AFTER the CMR contract? If so did you voice your opinion to them at the time?

2. Did ACA, ALG, PDT or Air Wisconsin stab us in the back when they negotiated concessions after the CMR contract was signed? If so did you voice your opinion to them at the time?

3. Did the United, Delta, NWA, and CAL pilots stab us in the back when they negotiated concessions after 911? If so did you voice your opinion to them at the time?

4. Did you refuse to fly the CMR aircraft that showed up here at ASA during their strike?

5. Did you thank the CMR pilots for turning down RFP 1 which resulted in them stagnating?

6. Do honestly believe that any single pilot group can unilaterally hold up this mythical "bar" that everyone talks about?

I don't blame CMR pilots - I blame poor union leadership and poor strategic planning on ALPA's part.

Joe

Beantown said:
BINGO! Mesa only has about 250 million in cash. If they were to pull this off they would have to bring in an outside investor. Anything is possible, but I doubt it. -Bean

DAL is not gonna keep anything they can sell. Even DT and TOC are on the auction block. So much for not shrinking to profitability.

Last edited:
Hey Joe...

Besides pay, I think XJT has the better contract overall but what does that matter when....rumor has it that Delta and NWA are merging, stapling CMR to the bottom and selling those jets to Pinacle and Mesaba...or something like that!

Also heard that J.O. is looking for outside investors to get 73s on property from U...those ought to be good wages!:rolleyes: 2 pilots and 3 FAs for a grand total of...drum roll please!.....$150/hr!!!! whoo-hoooo

foreverfo.....are you serious about the DL/NWA rumor or are you just trying to stir the pot? Not anything to do with CMR but in general.

Latest resources

Back