• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As long as Comair is owned by Delta I don't see them flying for anyone but Delta.

PCL is owned by NWA. They're flying for another carrier. Colgan is owned by Pinnacle, they're flying CAL. They'll look for revenue wherever they can.

Only if Comair tried to fly them for UAL, unless they could get scope relief on them.

Now, on the other hand, AWAC could fly them, seeing as we have that scope relief in hand already.

Peace.

Rekks

I thought AWACs scope relief was limited to some very specific (by tail number) Bae 146's. I don' think that relief exends to crj-900's.

trust me, after being at Comair for 5 long years I can say one thing with a completely straight face,......There is nothing positive in the works at Comair. All these rumors have been used up between 2001 and 2006 and not one of them produced anything. Except of course all the negative rumors that came true.

Glad to have left them in '06 and haven't ever regreted the decision since!

There is a school of thought by some that it would be impossible to sell Comair with the lawsuits and potential liability that exists due to the unfortunate accident. If there is merit to this argument, it seems plausible that Comair will not grow, but shrink. Apparently, there could be settlements that could far exceed the insurance limits.

As long as Comair is owned by Delta I don't see them flying for anyone but Delta.
As long as any regional lift picked up by Comair for another mainline partner doesn't conflict or compete with Delta's route structure, we have Delta's okay. If we were to pick up UA flying, we could fly almost any route from DEN, ORD, or IAD as long as it's not a DL hub, or focus city.

Latest resources

Back