Comair Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JonnyKnoxville

Keep hearing over and over again that Comair is in some way, shape, or form picking up Mesa flying out of Chicago for United. Word on the street is that we will get about 30 of their airplanes and they will be CRJ 700/900s. I did not make this up, nor would I even spread it had I not heard it over and over from different people.

Anyone over at Mesa hear anything like this?

Last edited:
It seems more than a little odd to me that a company still wholly owned by Delta (right?) would be allowed to do anything that would directly benefit United. But stranger things have happened.

It seems more than a little odd to me that a company still wholly owned by Delta (right?) would be allowed to do anything that would directly benefit United. But stranger things have happened.

I don't think Delta would have any problem taking money from United or anyone else willing to give it away, for that matter.

Well, I guess there is more to the rumor than I was admitting to. The rumor also included the sale of Comair but I avoided stating this to dodge the 14 pages of lame "I heard Comair was sold to ..." jokes.

As far as the CRJ-900s, I don't know where this comes from. Possibly from the U.S. Airways flying or maybe in spreading the CRJ-700 rumor, the -900s just got added in somewhere since the same pilots at Comair fly both the 700 and 900 and are used to saying 700/900 together.

I think it's pretty safe to say that Comair isn't going to be sold. I can't see anyone getting excited about purchasing a primarily 50 seat fleet with gas at 108.00 per barrel. Watch us hit 115.00 within the next three or four months and then we'll see who wants to purchase a regional. I believe the hole has already been dug for Comair. They just have to put them in it.

Well at least the rumors at Comair are beginning to get positive...though this might be due to the large amount of new Comair First Officers with starry-eyed dreams of flying for a legacy, and $100,000 in flight training debt from whatever "academy" they attended.

Not that there's anything wrong with having a dream...the mind is truly amazing when it comes to justifying why you're sleeping in a crashpad near JFK with twenty other dudes.

Latest resources

Back