• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair pool?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is the week pay only at the Radisson and only for the first week of training? In other words if I get there early and get an apartment will they reimburse me the equivalent of what they pay everyone else? Or am I just on my own then? Are they Burlington apartments in the traffic pattern for noise? Thanks

You don't get reimbursed for staying at the Radisson. It's just a one week freebie. If you get a place of your own, you're on your own. There's no out-of-pocket expense to you. They billet you just like any other crewmember. In fact, that's where the guys stay that do the high-speeds.

Burlington is just west of the 36L centerline. There's little a/c noise and isn't noticible at all with the windows closed. It has never bothered me, no matter what my sleeping habits have been. Most of the equipment going in and out of CVG is fairly quiet. DAL has repositioned several of their 737-200s here, and there's the occasional 727 around, but it's not really that bothersome.

Just one week free and then it is up to you. Still that is not all bad.

Don't know about the apartments in Burlington. I have a place just south of the airport that is pretty reasonable. It is called the Paddock Club Apartments and a three room apartment is 781/mo. That is with a Comair discount for six months. It isn't the greatest place in the world but it is pretty nice and convenient (15 minutes to class).

Good luck. Enjoy class and don't worry about prepping beforehand. They will do a great job of working with you.

And don't listen to Hovernut. He is just a troublemaker who has a hard time with sim partners. Just kidding.

I thought this would be the week.

Well another week has past and still no word, I thought for sure I would hear something this week. Some of you guys preceeding my interview group are getting the call and then some of after my interview group are too. Makes to start to wonder if you're going to be just like that person who posted on aviationinterviews.com about getting a good letter followed by a bad, or have you missed their phone call and skipped to the next person on the list. For all of you in the same boat as myself just try and be positive, who knows they may be saving the best for last.

(before anyone jumps in to comment on that last statement, just trying to keep things on the upswing for those of waiting to get the call, I'm sure you can recall what it was like to wait for your chance to join and learn from those professionals ahead of you)

Im still waiting patiently........

Altough through different circumstances... Im still waiting:)

I interviewed Jun 20th, 2002, got the welcome letter July 4th, of the same year, and ever since I've been waiting, waiting and hoping, hoping and waiting.

But I try to keep my chin up, and as good an atitude as you can keep. Im still in the pool, getting wrinkled as a prune, and directing traffic out of the pool and into class, just standing aside and watching everybody else get a class, but I know that whenever my turn to join comes, it is going to be great, and then I'll be able to look back at all this time and think.... "heh, it was only a year"..... but till then...

I'll happily wait.;)

Kepp your chin up Shark, your turn will come sooner than you think.

Rich!

How did you guys get your interview? I mean whats the best way to apply? Fax, Mail? Did all you guys have somebody walk in your resume? Thanks in advance.
Drifter

Drifter, I recommend you go to the Air-inc seminar in LAX for April. Many of the Comair interview offers are handed out right there. If you check with other pilots, they will probably tell you the same. If you do go, let me know and I will give you some good pointers to close escrow.

Good luck

Hey Rich Man,

How could you have interviewed June of last year and still not have a class date? When I interviewed, they told us the pool was very shallow. Anyways, I, too, am still waiting patiently...maybe next week...

What are those Air Inc. career seminars like? Do you have to purchase tickets? I have never been to one.

Drifter, the seminars are normally 3 days worth of classes and information with an airline briefing and a chance to talk to them. Most important, attend the airline briefing and following that each of the airlines set up booths and we all get to give them our resume and talk.

I got my interview from talking to Comair. Comair comes to the seminar planning on giving out interviews. You only have a few minutes, so come prepared. You need to listen to their brief and sell yourself. Try to be near the front of the line then they know your really serious when this session begins.

If you havent yet, join Air-inc. If you are going to join 1 organization to prepare for the airlines, they are it. You dont have to do their full package, but they provide good info that is on target.

Good Luck

My fellow poolies,

I just read on the Comair website that they are adding more flights out of DCA. This is on top of all the other cities they have announced service to. With this growth, they obviously need the pilots. Just remember we are in a good place. We'll all get the call soon and I'm sure we can all agree it will have been WELL worth the wait!!

Latest resources

Back