• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Pilots Drew the Line

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All you guys who keep raising the flag of "one list" need to shut up.
It will NEVER happen and it just serves to make pilots look like whining idiots. Do you realize you’re basically advocating for the most failed form of government man has ever devised?!
Oh but maybe you are right; we could all be on one list and demand $250k for every FO, and $350 for every CA. Then ALL the: doctors, firemen nurses, police, accountants, construction workers, mailmen et cetera could form a union and each demand a 100% pay increase. Better yet we could just print up a bunch of extra $$$ and make every one in the USA millionaires. Then every-one could be happy and have lots of money and not have to work again.
Dogtown, that was my first skateboard...:pimp:

Anyway, your agrument to maintain the status quo is backed by nothing in your post. Tell me why the maintenance of multiple seniority lists is good for the whole profession...please elaborate! I don't want hear an excuse of "It will never happen!"

Hear is my evidence:

1 seniority list = ALPA the opportuinity to control the supply of it's labor resource = an increase in the median price of labor = higher wage rates through microeconomics.

If we (ALPA) continue down the same road, our real wages (wages adjusted for inflation) will continue to decrease, this is fact!!! It's been happening for decades!

Are you (ALPA, and the individual) willing to change for the betterment of the whole pilot group, or are you happy with the status quo? It all comes down to this simple question!!!

Last edited:
Yes, but there will be a line of SJS kids right behind you begging for jobs at Comair....for 22% less than what you make now.

8Hour,

Take a look at Chautaqua's FO rates, and compare them to GoJet's. $1 difference.

Now take a look at Comair's, ExpressJet's, ASA's, Skywest's, Horizon's, and Air Wisconsin's.

At least you beat GoJets, though...by $1.

Dogtown, that was my first skateboard...:pimp:

Anyway, your agrument to maintain the status quo is backed by nothing in your post. Tell me why the maintenance of multiple seniority lists is good for the whole profession...please elaborate! I don't want hear an excuse of "It will never happen!"

Hear is my evidence:

1 seniority list = ALPA the opportuinity to control the supply of it's labor resource = an increase in the median price of labor = higher wage rates through microeconomics.

If we (ALPA) continue down the same road, our real wages (wages adjusted for inflation) will continue to decrease, this is fact!!! It's been happening for decades!

Are you (ALPA, and the individual) willing to change for the betterment of the whole pilot group, or are you happy with the status quo? It all comes down to this simple question!!!

I didn’t make any argument for the status quo, I simply pointed out that “one list” is an absurd idea and tantamount to communism. Actually I think the current seniority based system ultimately hurts us as pilots; making it prohibitive for a pilot to go from one company to another and rewarding mediocrity rather than experience (well it does do that if you don’t ever change companies) hard work and skill. I’m don’t know what the alternative is however since there seems no way to get off this train, its hard to break from establishment.

The US Steel union operated with one list and it worked great. If you wanted to move cities all you did was report to the union shop boss with your seniority number and you got paid accordingly. It seemed to be very effective in controlling labor supply, which would help solve a lot of the problems we're having right now.

The US Steel union operated with one list and it worked great.

Yeah, worked great....until the US steel business went tits-up!

You guys really haven't been following where unions are headed in the US, have you?

You should take a look at the stats, it's pretty scary...if you're a union-thumper.

8Hour,

Take a look at Chautaqua's FO rates, and compare them to GoJet's. $1 difference.

Now take a look at Comair's, ExpressJet's, ASA's, Skywest's, Horizon's, and Air Wisconsin's.

At least you beat GoJets, though...by $1.

Yes, but it is much more than just payrates...GoJet is NOT block or better (not to mention other pay-related work rules such as trip and duty regs). Also look at GoJet's FO second year pay rates (one of their dirty little secrets).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back