• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Pilots Drew the Line

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Way to go guys, stand fast. I am behind you..

Tell me how it is the PILOTS faults at Skywest and CHQ that this is happening. If you can find me a single Skywest or CHQ pilot that voted for this let me know. Get a clue and be mad at management not the pilot group.
I hate stupid people

It's simple. You've undercut the rest of the industry with your substandard contract. Just because your pay rates are close doesn't mean your contract costs the same. The money is in the scheduling and retirement sections. Since yours is sub-par you can underbid Comair.

ASACAPT your probably 100 percent correct. However its just like a CHQ pilot told me once "you never want to be at the top, look whats happening at Comair" So in other words lets just lowball them enough to grow like crazy, but lets not be mesa. Maybe a smart move or maybe the beginging of Mesaba proposed wages for every regional pilot.

Haha, I heard the same thing from a Shuttle crew in BDL. "Well, next contract I think we will want something average, so we can still grow"... Not saying all CHQ guys are like this, but these two were.

One list...the whipsaw ends.

All you guys who keep raising the flag of "one list" need to shut up.
It will NEVER happen and it just serves to make pilots look like whining idiots. Do you realize you’re basically advocating for the most failed form of government man has ever devised?!
Oh but maybe you are right; we could all be on one list and demand $250k for every FO, and $350 for every CA. Then ALL the: doctors, firemen nurses, police, accountants, construction workers, mailmen et cetera could form a union and each demand a 100% pay increase. Better yet we could just print up a bunch of extra $$$ and make every one in the USA millionaires. Then every-one could be happy and have lots of money and not have to work again.

If a regional stays around long enough their cost structure gets too high because of the seniority system. Every single airline is in the same boat even if they offer lower than industry standard wages. Comair is simply too old and it's time has passed, which is the same with mesaba. CHQ/Skywest will be too old in 5 years as well and be in the same boat. Someone is making less money flying the same aircraft because they are junior. Even If mesaba pays rates at 10% lower than mesa their costs are still higher because you can't beat a junior seniority list. The seniority list is absolutely killing this career in everyway shape and form.

There should be one payrate per position per company, i.e. FO pay is 45K, CA is 65K, and no pay increases at all. This would kill start-up regionals and airlines because they could not match the unit cost pay rates. So in other words if you actually make less, you can make more.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back