• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Mech. gets arm cut off

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a minor correction. I heard that the guy using the bottle was the new guy and a more senior guy with him was the one that actually got hurt. I know this is similiar to an aircraft accident, i.e., I don't want to post false info or speculate based on third handed info passing around. Hopefully, someones does a thorough investigation and gets to the bottom of this.

Again, this is bad for all invloved. It is a reminder to slow down and be careful, especially with more forloughs on the way, low morale, etc.

Had MX on board today and the story is the mech thought he was unloading the regulator by screwing it in. That action actually allows the regulator to pass ever increasing pressure....gotta screw it out (CCW) to unload it. Opened the tank isolation valve, then BOOM! What actually came apart was the nosewheel rim and shrapnel pierced a nearby RJ as well as seriously injuring the mech. I can't imagine being in the cockpit if that ever were to happen again with the triple-A coming through the floorboards! I hope the reattachment surgery is successful.

Latest resources

Back