• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair MEC cuts off comm. with company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If this is the same MEC who took concessions, perhaps they are busy lubing up for another pounding.

I've heard from more than one CMR pilot that there internal problems in the CMR MEC. What is this letter that called for the MEC to resign? You guys are getting the short end of the stick.

The comair MEC made another brilliant move today. At probably the most critical time in many pilots lives the comair MEC has dropped the ball again. Facing 300 furloughs and massive displacements the MEC has decided to break off communication and any support given to the company over several other disputed issues. I will say these issues are very serious however given the timing of this, it is just another slap in the face to ALPA members. I understand I have only been in this business a short time but ALPA has already given me a very sour taste.

Just to give you my perspective I am not in danger of being furloughed and Im still mad as hell about this.

Perhaps your time would be better spent talking to your MEC rather than whining like a little girl on an internet message board. You have a highly experienced MEC Chairman who knows your company and your management like the back of his hand. He knows what he's doing, and you would do well to trust him.

Speedtape,
Dan Ford has published a very detailed letter describing the current situation and how ALPA....both locally and nationally......has ignored the problem....

The ASA and CMR MECs of today are not the same of 2000....

Typical Dan Ford; focusing on mistakes of the past and offering no solutions for the future.

Typical Dan Ford; focusing on mistakes of the past and offering no solutions for the future.

Obviously you haven't read the letter. In the letter Dan points out that he sent over a hundred emails to the CMR MEC warning them of the potential problems that would come up with a Delta merger.....They were ignored and in fact an errant email advocated a policy of non-communication.

Dan first offered a solution at the 1995 ALPA scope committee.....He has offered solutions.....Where were you in 1995?

He has offered solutions.....

Sorry, but I thought it was self-explanatory that I was referring only to plausible solutions, not pie in the sky fantasies that Dan likes to focus on. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but I thought it was self-explanatory that I was referring only to plausible solutions, not pie in the sky fantasies that Dan likes to focus on. :rolleyes:

The cross bidding proposal back in 1995 wasn't plausible? Brand scope (or inclusive scope) wasn't plausible? Single lists aren't plausible? What exactly is plausible?

What are your solutions to the current quagmire?

Obviously you haven't read the letter. In the letter Dan points out that he sent over a hundred emails to the CMR MEC warning them of the potential problems that would come up with a Delta merger.....They were ignored and in fact an errant email advocated a policy of non-communication.

Dan first offered a solution at the 1995 ALPA scope committee.....He has offered solutions.....Where were you in 1995?
Dans letter was written terribly. It read as if he could not get his thoughts across. At no point did his letter offer solutions. He says in the letter that he and ALPA knew of certain events about to happen, but ALPA did nothing about them, he says this was hurting the pilot group. Well if he states that ALPA is suppose to watch out for the pilots, why did he not bring this information he magically had to the pilot group, well I say if Dan knew something he hurt the pilot group, because I can say no one knew what was gonna happen. All the Letter says is (in my own words) we should be on DL's seniority list. OH MEC knew we were gonna merge (as far as we know OH is not merging, remeber Dan DL and OH are 2 different companies) As of right now Comair is not part of the merger. And finally blah blah blah. Dan, give it up and retire even the people that supported you are laughing at you now. Well except Joe but we all know he is in fanasty land with you. Hears a thought if you want to fly for DL apply there.

What are your solutions to the current quagmire?

Step 1: Get Dan Ford to shut the f--- up and stop pissing off the mainline pilots

Step 2: ?

Step 3: End of the whipsaw!

Guess I've been watching too many underpants gnomes episodes of southpark. ;)

Seriously, though, as I've told you before, I'm not sure that there is a solution to the regional whipsaw. It can only be contained, not eliminated at this point.

Latest resources

Back