• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair MEC burning bridges with Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flying sure was more enjoyable when there were no contracts, scope clauses, MEC's,....I'm kinda glad I have about a billion more interests than just worrying about whos screwing who..Honestly I'm more excited about my upcoming baseball season (not softball)than I am about some stupid grievance victory or even the fact that we are expanding..Unfortunately flying is the only way to pay the bills...so I have to deal with this legality crap. And listen to people hating another pilot group, and even worse hating another person just because they fly for the "wrong company". It's a whole lot of fun when an old man hates my 24 year old a@@ just because I fly for Comair, but if this job is all some people have to think about then I feel awfully sorry for them.

Personally I fly because I enjoy it and couldn't imagine working nine to five like some of my friends...unfortunately its some of the people in this industry that make it just a job..and in turn make my life miserable...atleast until the next baseball season.

my last post wasn't directed at anyone on this board...just the whole topic in general....and the fact that it gets pretty boring listening to the same gripes in ops and then on this board..

I agree with you CRJflyer - too many gripes in general. However, the main issue is whether your MEC has just screwed your ability to advance to Delta if you so wish (not everyone wants that option).

Essentially, your (elected?) MEC turned down Delta's offer for preferential treatment when interviewing for Delta slots (when things improve in 3-5 years) in return for preferential treatment of furloughed Delta pilots. Delta's MEC asked ASA's MEC for the same - and it was granted. As your ASA counterparts above would agree, your MEC got greedy and demanded too much too soon - and upset the Delta MEC (many of the same pilots who are involved in the interviews). Your MEC demanded "one-seniority list or nothing..."

It will make more sense to you in the future. To put it in a context that you will appreciate, Delta 757 pay would likely buy better baseball tickets for your entire family than CRJ pay. You wouldn't have to sit in the nose-bleed section... Basically, your top Comair pilots (MEC people) are cancelling your OPTION for upgrading to Delta some day in the future. That is pretty ballsey if you ask me... Well, if you WANT to fly for a major or major-to-be in the future, you always have Southwest or Jetblue - wait, how big are their pools?

Good luck to all involved!

Well I pretty much do agrre with ya...I know that Delta is probably never going to be an option for me because of all this....its just sad that people pass judgement because of all this contract stuff...rather than who would be fun to fly with

Wrong Dieterly - Delta has the best financial position of any major. Delta has considerable cash (in the $billions) and access to more if needed through lines of credit (unlike Continental which is constrained). It is true that Southwest, Airtran and JetBlue continue to erode market share, but Delta's situation is far different from that of UAL or even AMR. Delta will very likely be around - and the ASA pilots will benefit...

I am not an airline pilot or employee, so I don't know much about airline politics. Would someone clear this up for me?

Lumber Yak...you sure opinionated for someone on the outside. Why don't you let us worry about our own career advancement instead of "telling us how it is" based on a conversation overheard at a driving range.

Delta, Comair and ASA are all on the same side. Most of this crap is just kool-aid.

PCL,
He did not demand elimination of scope. I don't know why you Delta guys keep saying this. You are like the liberals that run the major tv networks. Just keep saying it over, and over, and over, and perhaps the minions of simpletons will believe you. Good luck to you.

PositiveRate,

Last I heard this was an informational forum.... I was just relaying what I had heard - and I had questions. Do I have to ask for your permission to post questions on this forum? Sometimes the truth hurts, doesn't it? Your MEC, the people who are representing you, have maybe poisoned the relationship between your MEC and Delta's. If you are a wannabe-Delta driver someday, that can't be good news. Not all Comair pilots want to fly for Delta, but I bet some do... They have a right to know what their elected MEC is doing to their chances for advancement. CRJflyer is an example - it sounded like he had no idea about the possible implications.

Good luck to all involved!

Latest resources

Back