Comair may be getting the Dork Jets.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jobear said:
DoJetMX any idea what kind of savings a reduced thurst program will have on the 306B's? :cool:
I am not sure. That was in effect for about a month tops before I left BOS to start working on the CRJ. I know we still had a few airplanes that needed engines as of last month. I think over time, it will help a great deal. I am not sure of the spcecs, but I thought they had to meet an N1 target, if they didn't to just do the normal firewall take-off. I also thought they could not do it on the first flight of the day, or during certain runway conditions....but again not sure. Any current DoJet drivers clarify this??

DoJetMX said:
I am not sure. That was in effect for about a month tops before I left BOS to start working on the CRJ. I know we still had a few airplanes that needed engines as of last month. I think over time, it will help a great deal. I am not sure of the spcecs, but I thought they had to meet an N1 target, if they didn't to just do the normal firewall take-off. I also thought they could not do it on the first flight of the day, or during certain runway conditions....but again not sure. Any current DoJet drivers clarify this??
I think it's too early to tell regarding cost saving. You are correct regarding proceedures.

I'm looking forward to getting on the CRJ and flying to some class bravo airports...this CVG to EVV, TOL, and DAY $UCK$!!!!

DoJetMX said:
I thought they had to meet an N1 target, if they didn't to just do the normal firewall take-off. I also thought they could not do it on the first flight of the day, or during certain runway conditions....but again not sure. Any current DoJet drivers clarify this??
I am current on the DoJet but we(Skyway) just started using this with the parameters you stated, plus others, it is the Cpts descretion. I was just wondering if you saw an appreciable saving of the engines.

Thanks for the input.

Jobear

After looking on a.net, the plane I saw a SYX maintenence could have been one in the new delta paint scheme, with the ACA titles obviously painted over. I couldnt see the tail and the engines were removed so I couldnt see if they were painted. Remember I only saw the nose and where the wing mounts.http://www.airliners.net/open.file/631025/M/

That is a funny caption with that picture....talk about timing !! At any rate, if it had the new Delta paint, then it was not N401FJ unless it was painted within less than a week. I will look when I go back to work tomorrow to see what DoJets are still in the rotation.

As for engine savings, I agree, it is too soon to tell right now. The engines are still currently having design problems that are requiring them to be changed, not related to the full power take-offs.

:( EROSION :eek:

Gaing peace and inner harmony thru Ironing

Jobear

DoJetMX said:
That is a funny caption with that picture....talk about timing !! At any rate, if it had the new Delta paint, then it was not N401FJ unless it was painted within less than a week. I will look when I go back to work tomorrow to see what DoJets are still in the rotation.

As for engine savings, I agree, it is too soon to tell right now. The engines are still currently having design problems that are requiring them to be changed, not related to the full power take-offs.
I just parked next to 401 (aka spirit of LGA...or as we say "la-gaaa") on my last trip 2 days ago...it's still here in CVG.

Checking on that airplane sitting in our hanger.....

It's a mock up cabin for the FA's.

Nothing moving yet. I hear announcement soon.

Ghost ship??

I heard that the ground school for that airplane was being held at Luigi's Pizza and Fun Center. Am I right??

Last edited:
I know what that airplane is doing in the hangar....

They're putting the FAA approved Mod. on it for the installation of several MKE Yellow Pages on the left seat to get you up over the glare shield!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back