Comair may be getting the Dork Jets.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ShadowFlight said:
I wouldn't put stock into any rumor heard.

Peace

SF
Hey now! Without rumors this board would be empty and I'd have nothing to fantasize about. :)

moscowcfi said:
Hey now! Without rumors this board would be empty and I'd have nothing to fantasize about. :)
Fantisize about a bottomless beer and a 22 year old Hooterite girlfriend, That my fellow pilots is a fantasy. Oh sh!t here comes the wife.......

Jobear

jobear said:
Fantisize about a bottomless beer and a 22 year old Hooterite girlfriend, That my fellow pilots is a fantasy. Oh sh!t here comes the wife.......

Jobear
LMAO... I heard that DALPA has obtained the bottomless beer but is holding it back from the WO's until they agree to flow-back provisions. And rumor has it that only 22 year old Hooterites will be allowed to fly the Do Jets. But hey, don't believe everything you read.

ShadowFlight said:
Rumors are just that. No one knows for sure what will happen between SYX and DL. SYX is a good fit for the 328 jets - we were the launch customer for the airplane.

Either SYX and DL finalize a deal or they don't. There isn't anything "fishy" going on. DL is having financial problems and there are a lot of aspects involved in contract negotiations when one party is facing the possibility of bankruptcy (DL). It's entirely possible that SYX and DL have finalized everything with the exception of contract language and contingencies in the event DL does file bankruptcy.

The people "in the know" regarding the deal are bound by confidentiality agreements and cannot discuss the current state of negotiations.

I wouldn't put stock into any rumor heard.

Peace

SF
Very well said.:cool:

I can't remember the specifics, but from what I remember, the Dorkjets may not be transferred in one lump. Apparently Skyway will take possession of only a handful of the jets soon and were negotiating for the rest to be taken in November. This leaves a significant amount of the jets which may become available to another carrier (CMR). Granted I don't think Delta is excited about operating the aircraft with two separate carriers, but it could lead to a complete transfer down the road.

I think Hainan (Taiwan?) put in a bid for 20 of em... and Skyway is getting 10.
Skyway was really using our sim a lot, now they stopped. I think the rumor on financing trouble is sounding more concrete each day....

House_X said:
Skyway was really using our sim a lot, now they stopped. I think the rumor on financing trouble is sounding more concrete each day....
SYX PREFERS to use our DFW sim instead of Pan Am IAD because DFW uses SYX instructors. Nothing against Pan Am but their instructors are not as well versed in SYX policies/procedures etc. I've said this before - Dallas is the primary sim and Dulles is secondary.

Comments regarding "financial trouble" based on information received from anywhere else BUT SYX would be a "rumor".

Peace

SF

Back into your cave SF or I'll...

Opps gotta go study for the DAL SIM:p

Jobear

jobear said:
Back into your cave SF or I'll...

Opps gotta go study for the DAL SIM:p

Jobear
Maybe I should hope for a pairing with a Line Check Airman so I'll be DFI'd.

Again.

Nothing like 20 days off a month! :D

Peace

SF

Latest resources

Back