• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair may be getting the Dork Jets.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So if Skyway is doing a ton of training for the DoJet and if the contract for them appears to be a lock why has there been no announcement that they are getting them yet. It just doesn't make any sense.

My two cents.

When I arrived in MKE this morning there was a white 328 with blue stripes (definitly not SYX colors) in the maintenence hanger with the wing and engines removed. Hmmmm......

On a related note...

I thought the J-41's were gone with the United contract. I still see them flying. What's the deal??

MJG said:
On a related note...

I thought the J-41's were gone with the United contract. I still see them flying. What's the deal??
They are gone with the end of the united contract. The last day is tomorrow. There will be a retirement ceremony at IAD in the afternoon. Aug 4 we are done with United.

jumppilot03 said:
When I arrived in MKE this morning there was a white 328 with blue stripes (definitly not SYX colors) in the maintenence hanger with the wing and engines removed. Hmmmm......
I would believe that is the first one. 1 in aug, 2 in sept, 7 in oct, 20 on nov 1. Where they are going, we don't even know for sure, but thats when they leave our property.

Tomorrow huh... Thanks. Hope someone takes some pictures for old times sakes.

jumppilot03 said:
Do you know if it was one of ACAs old ones?? We had one N500FJ that was white with horrible blue stripes. I don't know if they still have it or not. Didn't know if that was the first one to be released from ACAs program in AUG.

DoJetMx- I don't think it's 500FJ in company colors, ACA is rumored to keep the three of them for a while. I was in ATW on Sunday, ACA drivers in 401FJ said that plane was the first to go, to Skyway, soon. It could be that one, who knows.

HouseX- Hainan put in ORDERS for twenty NEW aircraft with AvCraft. Deliveries to begin in the fourth quarter. We finally have a great cash position, don't know why financing for us would be any problem. Nobody even talks about worried financing in MKE.

Here's what I hear. Flying to start in Nov. 10 airplanes to start. Fifteen more to follow, five at the end for MKE flying. All thirty. We're really busy right now, wish we could get the other three ACA birds and two Great Plains jets, if those are still lying around.

As for why the announcement has not been made yet, good guessing. Maybe Delta has to wait. Maybe they are still shoring up the details. We are still hiring to beat all.

My rumor is Midwest is going to spin us off. The new carrier will be called thirtyforty. Mesaba, Shuttle America, and Colgan, along with Skyway to create a 30-40 seat airline. Yes, the Avro's and 1900's will be gone, but think of the possibilities.

I thought the thirtyforty was our yearly salary? Nice to see the Reduced thrust takeoff's were approved for the Dork Jet.

DoJetMX any idea what kind of savings a reduced thurst program will have on the 306B's?

Jobear
Hiding from crew scheduling :cool:

DoJetMX-hahahahhahaaaaa...I like the Dornier in Indepenedence air colors....
I wish we were getting rid of the CRJ as well. An all Airbus fleet or bringing in the emb-190 is the only way were going to make it in the long term. I don't buy into our CASM numbers...we need bigger airplanes.

ShadowFlight-
The transition is going to be difficult, but I hear good things about your pilot group. Good luck...and, the beer is on me...

Latest resources

Back