Comair may be getting the Dork Jets.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flash 7

Just spoke to one of the chief pilots this morning.

Apparently Skyway rejected Delta's terms for the flying.

Comair has put in a bid and if we can agree to the pay rates Delta would like to keep them here in CVG as well as some out of BOS.

Anyone else here anything?

They better figure out something. Only 3 months left to cover 350+ pilots worth of flying. Tick Tock Tick Tock....

Flash 7 said:
Just spoke to one of the chief pilots this morning.

Apparently Skyway rejected Delta's terms for the flying.

Comair has put in a bid and if we can agree to the pay rates Delta would like to keep them here in CVG as well as some out of BOS.

Anyone else here anything?
It would be nice if there was some growth. Of course the terms may not be to anyone's liking.

aaaaaahhhh, I don't think so. Skyway is getting one, maybe two ACA- Dorniers in August to perform C-checks on them (plus interior work) so they can start to fly them on 11/1/04.
Delta has and is putting so much money in for training and they actually really liked skyways operation. SYX has over 100 pilots in training and more are coming, unless it is for the Midwest growth, it must be for Delta. I doubt that Comair is offering to operate the planes cheaper than SYX.

DoJets

we have been offering COLA all summer, none in August, but again in Sept. plus hiring continues. we have the pilots on hand. all we need is 45 days to announce it per the contract.

let`s fly that thing!

I heard that Delta doesn't want the Dojets.. Rumor is they have a deal in place to trade in the DoJets on new CRJ 200s.. The story I heard was something like 1.8 DOs for 1 CRJ. There are some extra 200s on hand that aren't being delivered that are available at a nice price.

Time will tell!

"Comair has put in a bid and if we can agree to the pay rates Delta would like to keep them here in CVG as well as some out of BOS."

The planes were never going to leave CVG, and I believe all the dorks already left BOS ( although I'm probably wrong). As far as rates I'm pretty sure Skyway was doing it for a Song(pun intended).

I think I'll wait for something offcial before I start getting worried. Take care and remember loose lips sink ships;)

Jobear

chperplt said:
I heard that Delta doesn't want the Dojets.. Rumor is they have a deal in place to trade in the DoJets on new CRJ 200s.. The story I heard was something like 1.8 DOs for 1 CRJ. There are some extra 200s on hand that aren't being delivered that are available at a nice price.

Time will tell!
Sweet! 30 canned Doorknobs for 16-17 new 50s. Not a bad rumor at all.

Although, 3 months to go til Blue Ridge is out and nobody knows anything for sure....something smells fishy here.

Rumors

Rumors are just that. No one knows for sure what will happen between SYX and DL. SYX is a good fit for the 328 jets - we were the launch customer for the airplane.

Either SYX and DL finalize a deal or they don't. There isn't anything "fishy" going on. DL is having financial problems and there are a lot of aspects involved in contract negotiations when one party is facing the possibility of bankruptcy (DL). It's entirely possible that SYX and DL have finalized everything with the exception of contract language and contingencies in the event DL does file bankruptcy.

The people "in the know" regarding the deal are bound by confidentiality agreements and cannot discuss the current state of negotiations.

I wouldn't put stock into any rumor heard.

Peace

SF

Latest resources

Back