• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair just lost the seven Freedom CRJ-900s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not that I want it to happen, but to see a mainline guy flying an RJ... I'd laugh so hard. they treat RJ pilots/planes like such garbage when they can barely answer a radio call correctly.

Of course they wanted a paycut! That's what their position was at the time.

The reason management gives why we "lost" the airplanes? We didn't agree to their proposal.

In case you don't remember, that proposal was paycuts for 700 pilots, a minor raise on the 200 that would still put us below SkyWest, no workrules, PBS, and NO SCOPE. I think Section 13 was even still open at that time.

So you're saying we should have agreed to that to get 17 airplanes? What good would that have done us? Spare me the talk about how we can get them on property and then fix it next time around.

Oh, and do you honestly think management would have given the 900s to an airline that was in dead last place in on time performance?
spin this any way you want. but the fact still remains....your buddies screwed up and it has cost us, is costing us and it appears that it is going to cost us far into the future.

but what the hell, I still have my seat and QOL. Why should I care? right?

I've seen this story before, and it's getting old. Comair guys, take comfort- DAL has a tendency of awarding, canceling, and then re-awarding aircraft as a fear tactic. I wouldn't be sweating it just yet.

Hypothetical Question: If the DAL/Comair deal actually does go south, does this mean that Freedom is back in?

No it means that Mesa maybe very, very close to filing for BK. If DL knows this and it is true then they can just wait it out and then cancel both contracts without legal challenges and/or ramifications. The DCI contract has a successorship clause that immediately voids the contract if BK (ie creditors now own the company) is filed.

I heard they might end up being flown by Delta mainline.

That would be a good first step at unraveling this god-forsaken mess.

But I know a guy who knows a guy who talked to some folks over on Virginia Ave who seem to think the planes will be operated by ASA in the near future. Some staff/management changes coming at Network/Fleet planning with the Northwest integration. So, as usual, if you dont like the situation today, stick around a day and see what it will be...

DL 123: Wind Check!
Tower: 090, 1 gusting 2!

Well at least #582 will go back to the 50, I cannot fly with this guy anymore. His dream is to sit in the GO and rub off anyone in a suit. Every leg he has flown with me I make sure to make it horrible.

That would be a good first step at unraveling this god-forsaken mess.

But I know a guy who knows a guy who talked to some folks over on Virginia Ave who seem to think the planes will be operated by ASA in the near future. Some staff/management changes coming at Network/Fleet planning with the Northwest integration. So, as usual, if you dont like the situation today, stick around a day and see what it will be...

DL 123: Wind Check!
Tower: 090, 1 gusting 2!

In a perfect world for Skywest Inc let ASA take those 7 900s plus the 17 SKW 900s and SKW can take the United RFP.

Latest resources

Back