Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, I can't believe it hasn't been said already-

MESA SUCKS!

I thought Freedumb had more than 7 CRJ-900's? I could have sworn it was upward of 12 or 14. Hopefully Comair gets some of them- someone deserves them, and it ain't Mesa...........
Looks like 7 so far:

CRJ900 - Freedom
N600LR
N601LR
N602LR
N604LR
N605LR
N606LR
N607LR

Oh, well, they tried that trick at ASA a few years ago when the first batch of 900s came to SkyWest. I still have the memo signed by CT saying ASA was getting them.

They were coming to ASA...but we allowed them to go to Skywest instead.....Big mistake......

SkyWest can have the planes for what they wanted us to fly them for (paycut). No thanks!

More ALPA spin....They didn't want a paycut.....They just weren't going to agree to:

1. Large 70 seat payraise
2. Bfund retirement plan
3. 100% retro
4. Instructor section status quo

Spin it if you want....We held out and blew it....Those airplanes are gone now.....

Jerry won that round...and we lost.....Bravado will get you nowhere....

More ALPA spin....They didn't want a paycut.....They just weren't going to agree to:

1. Large 70 seat payraise
2. Bfund retirement plan
3. 100% retro
4. Instructor section status quo

Spin it if you want....We held out and blew it....Those airplanes are gone now.....

Jerry won that round...and we lost.....Bravado will get you nowhere....

Of course they wanted a paycut! That's what their position was at the time.

The reason management gives why we "lost" the airplanes? We didn't agree to their proposal.

In case you don't remember, that proposal was paycuts for 700 pilots, a minor raise on the 200 that would still put us below SkyWest, no workrules, PBS, and NO SCOPE. I think Section 13 was even still open at that time.

So you're saying we should have agreed to that to get 17 airplanes? What good would that have done us? Spare me the talk about how we can get them on property and then fix it next time around.

Oh, and do you honestly think management would have given the 900s to an airline that was in dead last place in on time performance?

I've seen this story before, and it's getting old. Comair guys, take comfort- DAL has a tendency of awarding, canceling, and then re-awarding aircraft as a fear tactic. I wouldn't be sweating it just yet.

Hypothetical Question: If the DAL/Comair deal actually does go south, does this mean that Freedom is back in?

Latest resources

Back