• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair jumpseat this morning DCA-JFK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With your type of work ethic, it's no wonder the airlines are in the shape they are in. Your company needs to make money or sooner or later you don't have a job. Or maybe you figure the airlines are like Obamacare? Don't worry, we'll print more money................

Obamacare? Really? How did you ever get a medical?

Have had 2 recently, DH JFK-BOS, was told "getcha on if any room" I said i'm POS she repeated ghetto phrase. FLT dept without me, I call scheduling and they lose it, I got displaced for 2 days at home. Haven't seen her lately. 2 flights CX cause they failed to get me on
Second one was ATL-LGA, 2 70 crews DH we're told there will be no room, Company man CAPT gets on phone with everyone at OH and they try's to get us on with no luck, then one of DL's finest comes up and starts yelling (we trying to get to work, we go before Non Revs) I stand back and laugh and she does not like that, anyways she spends the whole time yelling in ghetto. Finally the gate agent handed us standby tickets on a sold out flight, me and the guy I was flying with just went and got food while the others tried to win the losing battle. No one got on. We all got calls that day from many in the company asking for names and events. I non rev and JS on just about everyone all the time, and DL by far has the worse customer service (towards paying passengers)

Last edited:
I hate that this goes on...we at JB...I know we are having some hiccups with our new system and it's been a PITA. Hopefully it'll be cleaned up soon.

so...

My JFK/LGA to ATL stories...

Comair agent in T2-JFK. Friggin flight was closed 17mins early...with open seats. Said she couldn't 're-open'. Buuuuullll$hit. I KNOW it can. Grrrr...this all translated to "I'm lazy and don't give a $hit about my job" attitude.

sigh

LGA-ATL. I walk up to a WIDE open flight...last one at 2100 to ATL. One UAL listed for JS. Screens show 60ish open seats...10 stbys. Agent tries to tell me that they only take one '1' jumpseater. I said that's incorrect unless you changed policies in 36hrs when I commuted up. We went back/forth about it. Then she tells me how she doesn't like off-liners 'Telling' her how things are. So...I was about to execute plan B and talk to an agent at neighboring gate to clear things up...this agent called next door and the other agent "schooled" her. Turn out, this agent hadn't worked actual gate in YEARS...YEARS people.

Maaaan, don't be messing with Daddy's commute home lady.

JFK-ATL...there is this one agent Lead or Sup...not sure. I swear, she doesn't like me personally, Jetblue or ALL offliners. Twice I almost didn't get on because of her. Thankfully this one gate...the Jetway was parked in such a way I could stand just outside the door and could be seen from the FWD galley. She marched down there ready to close out....then I could see a conflict between said agent and Captian. Then she marches up...says something under her breath to another agent about "...he won't leave without him". :) hehehe. Many kudos to that crew. I thanked him and he appologized for her nonsense. We still left a couple mins early.

BUT...this isn't the norm for me. I've had MANY awesome Delta agents hook me up...open a closed flight (takes less than 60 seconds)...list me with less then 10 mins to go....ect. Lots of times. Thanks big D for all the rides home.

I know folks love to rip Airways a new one at every turn, but I have to say, this winter they were positively the most amazing to me commuting. I had more than one CA on PSA, Air Wiskey, and PDT come to the gate to check for non-rev/js folks. In CLT the agents bent over backward to help me in a family emergency and got me on my way. More than once they saved my bacon (both to/from work)...thank you guys!

Latest resources

Back