• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair In Slc

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll use simple words so you you might understand.

When you paid $12,000 for that 10k/yr FO position it caused irreparable long term harm to the bargaining position of regional pilots.

Oh wait a minute. I forgot I was going to keep this simple for you. When you or more likely your parents handed Conair that check with the big number on it you fu_ked it up for all of your fellow pilots.

That's right. You really screwed it up for the guys that had some integrity. We had to wait on the sidelines until PFT went away. And we haven't forgotten nor will we.

Last edited:
Dave,

I agree that PFT hasn't helped our profession, but neither is being non union! Yeah SkyWest has some great work rules. Work rules that can be changed anytime by management. I know what you'll say. "Well if they do that, we'll just vote in a union" But by then it is too late. Maybe SkyWest pilots can thank Comair pilots for standing up to their management and maybe Comair pilots can thank SkyWest pilots for not helping PFT survive. Just remember, the most unified work force in the airline industry is management.

Dave Benjamin said:

When you paid $12,000 for that 10k/yr FO position it caused irreparable long term to the bargaining position of regional pilots.

quote. "When you paid $12,000 for that 10k/yr FO position it caused IRREPARABLE LONG TERM TO THE BARGAINING POSITION OF REGIONAL PILOTS"

huh?

Swallowing aviator

Were you raising the bar when you wrote out that large check for your job years ago?

Or were you lowering it?

C'mon, address the question of your PFT. Have you blanked out writing the check. Your knees still dirty? Why do you condemn SkyWest yet not talk about your path? You could take the wind out of my sails by admitting what you did was wrong and helped get us where we are now. Go ahead....

Killing the industry before you ever entered it.

I guess I know why you never address PFT at clownair. Its indefensible. It has to be an embarrassment to you.

You always pass over it because you cant defend it.

Last edited:
AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
Dave Benjamin said:

When you paid $12,000 for that 10k/yr FO position it caused irreparable long term to the bargaining position of regional pilots.

quote. "When you paid $12,000 for that 10k/yr FO position it caused IRREPARABLE LONG TERM TO THE BARGAINING POSITION OF REGIONAL PILOTS"

huh?

"Harm"
I left out the word harm. Most folks that didn't PFT could probably figure out the missing word without assistance.
So here is the corrected version of the sentence:
When you paid $12,000 for that 10k/yr FO position it caused irreparable long term HARM to the bargaining position of regional pilots.

Gobi Gred said:
Dave,

I agree that PFT hasn't helped our profession, but neither is being non union! Yeah SkyWest has some great work rules. Work rules that can be changed anytime by management.

Has ALPA really helped regional pilots?
Did ALPA make a real attempt to stop PFT?
Did ALPA encourage bogus "flow-thru" agreements that provided furlough protection for mainline and resulted in many of our fellow regional pilots collecting unemployment?
Did ALPA encourage the US Air J4J protocol that throws the seniority system out the window?

Now here's some more questions to ponder:
Did non-union SkyWest require pilots to whore themselves out with PFT?
Has non-union SkyWest furloughed? Ever?
Have non-union SkyWest pilots been suckered into bogus "flow-thru" agreements?
Did non-union SkyWest pilots get to vote on whether they wanted to pursue expansion with US Air via the J4J protocol that throws seniority out the window? Did the non-union SkyWest pilot group reject the J4J protocol and US Air expansion by a wide margin?

You state in your post that "Yeah SkyWest has some great work rules. Work rules that can be changed anytime by management."

Do you have any idea how many times work rules are simply ignored by management at union carriers? Have you ever heard the expression "fly it then grieve it?" Are you aware that resolving grievances takes money and sometimes as long as a year or more? One union member made a post on this board claiming that they were having difficulty negotiating with management to get hotel phone numbers printed accurately in their bid packets. If there was a typo like that at your company couldn't you get it fixed with a phone call or two?

If there was a union that did a good job representing regional pilots I'd be the first one to sign a card. Let me know when you find one. ALPA does OK representing the majors which is where they make their money. If I was working for a major I'd be a happy dues paying member.

Last edited:
Super Dave, Rogue, Russ, et al.,

We're all guilty of swallowing the hook and getting caught up in this stupid debate. Let's be above all of this, go out do our job, and let the Afellow's, Aviatrix's, and others just continue their miserable lives.

Mookie
Former Alpa member, and now proud to be SkyWest

i'm rubber and your glue.........

we still make more money than you....

get a life, atleast Comair still "even after 9-11" (since thats the inevitable quote everybody is using to justify their caving in) was able to say hell no to concessions....

I personally know that over at chautaqua they were told that "if you take this pay, you (pilots) will get more aircraft" and guess what.. they took it so they could grow..whoopty do, my second year FO friend still can't afford his own apartment..and I have no sympathy for him..

But we said "no", we don't have any more orders after this year, and personally nobody really could give a rats as.s

sure it would be nice to upgrade, and if we could have gotten even 15 planes I would have upgraded...but atleast nobody is making fun of my contract, or snickering cause we gave in....it feels good to be able to know that in that van ride full of pilots to the hotel I won't be reheating Ramen..

With my second year pay I have a new bike, a new truck, a hot girlfriend and will be buying a house....and no my parents didn't help me with any of it...so the rest of you can shove it.

sleeve said:
With my second year pay I have a new bike, a new truck, a hot girlfriend and will be buying a house....and no my parents didn't help me with any of it...so the rest of you can shove it.

Who cares?

With my second-year CHQ pay, I am able to pay a mortgage on a house, build a brick patio in the back yard, buy an SUV and have a beautiful wife.

So what's your point?

Dave Benjamin said:
Has ALPA really helped regional pilots?
Did ALPA make a real attempt to stop PFT?
Did ALPA encourage bogus "flow-thru" agreements that provided furlough protection for mainline and resulted in many of our fellow regional pilots collecting unemployment?
Did ALPA encourage the US Air J4J protocol that throws the seniority system out the window?

Now here's some more questions to ponder:
Did non-union SkyWest require pilots to whore themselves out with PFT?
Has non-union SkyWest furloughed? Ever?
Have non-union SkyWest pilots been suckered into bogus "flow-thru" agreements?
Did non-union SkyWest pilots get to vote on whether they wanted to pursue expansion with US Air via the J4J protocol that throws seniority out the window? Did the non-union SkyWest pilot group reject the J4J protocol and US Air expansion by a wide margin?

You state in your post that "Yeah SkyWest has some great work rules. Work rules that can be changed anytime by management."

Do you have any idea how many times work rules are simply ignored by management at union carriers? Have you ever heard the expression "fly it then grieve it?" Are you aware that resolving grievances takes money and sometimes as long as a year or more? One union member made a post on this board claiming that they were having difficulty negotiating with management to get hotel phone numbers printed accurately in their bid packets. If there was a typo like that at your company couldn't you get it fixed with a phone call or two?

If there was a union that did a good job representing regional pilots I'd be the first one to sign a card. Let me know when you find one. ALPA does OK representing the majors which is where they make their money. If I was working for a major I'd be a happy dues paying member.

Well, as long as your able to under cut us after we said no to concessions is all that matters, right??

Your pilot group is pathetic.

Latest resources

Back