• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair In Slc

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hopefully you guys (Comair) will be able to welcome us into your crew room in CVG some day. I'd love to do some flying out there. Maybe Delta will be nice enough to give us some of your flying out of there some day. Wouldn't that be a peach???

peace,
Mookie:cool:

I'll trade the Midwest, southeast flying for your West coast flying anyday......as for the Skywest people, I've been through SLC and aside from us taking 2 days to figure out all the numbers painted every 5 feet around the ramp in the snow, the SLC experience wasn't that bad....the dispatchers were great, real nice, and I did remember a conversation or two in the crew lounge......the point is, I think, there are always going to be a few bad apples that just hate the world, don't let a few make your opinion for you......

If you want some really rude people, just go flying United.........out of Denver especially.......WOW.....are there some attitudes or what..........and if you want some real nice people, just go fly Alaska.... (AK folks treat you great, especially jumpseating...the flight deck is real nice, and the flight attendents still seem to like the world, and the gate agents actually try to help you out....)

Last edited:
Invading "their" hub, that's funny! I always thought it was Delta's hub. I went out there recently, and everyone I met went out of their way to be friendly. I asked one captain why everyone was so nice, and she said they were trying to make sure nobody was treating us poorly because of the hub raiding issue. Well, I see Skywest planes all over, even some that they leased from Comair while we were on strike, and it doesn't bother me at all. They are also welcome to come out to CVG, just like ASA and Chataqua are doing.

I also agree that they should be thanking us for joining a union, and getting higher pay for all airlines of our type. I won't hold my breath, though.

Mookie said:
Hopefully you guys (Comair) will be able to welcome us into your crew room in CVG some day. I'd love to do some flying out there. Maybe Delta will be nice enough to give us some of your flying out of there some day. Wouldn't that be a peach???

peace,
Mookie:cool:

Good one Mookie!!

Yeah,,,,I can just imagine the red carpet being rolled right out!!! LOL

well you all just dont know the secret handshake do ya?
Its two pumps and a quick squeeze!! ther that should open up some doors for you flatlanders.

Or was it one pump and two squeeze's?

Oh-well just come in and act like you own the place, you should be allright!

Oh yea-
Just be sure to turn left when departing north!!

Mookie said:

Just ask ASA, CHQ, and ACA. We've had CVG roommates for years. And yes, you would be welcomed. Just don't switch the TV in the middle of SportsCenter, and watch the first door, its broken.

don't you mean make sure you change it to Sportcenter...everytime I have to spend time in there its allways on CNN....after about 10 minutes I usually let out a few profanities and change it to ESPN...

bvt1151 said:
And yes, you would be welcomed. Just don't switch the TV in the middle of SportsCenter, and watch the first door, its broken.
Feel free to drop by the D-Lounge if you're ever in ATL. Just don't put on "Pirates of the Caribbean", it's been played to death by the Flight Attendants.

Originally posted by JBcrjca
But it's not just SkyWest crews that give attitude... I've heard that the Air Wisconsin ORD crew room went silent when a SkW crew walked in. ASA guys don't say much to SkW crews in DFW either... everyone seems to be a bit territorial these days.
Don't take it personal, I've passed by ASA crews in the terminal, said hello to them, and they kept walking without an acknowledgement...oh, did I mention I was wearing my ASA uniform when this happened.
:eek:

I personally go out of my way to say 'hi' to the CMR guys in SLC. It does seem that overall our(Skywest) crews are sometimes a little "busier" in SLC. I try to smile and nod all the time...response are about 50%. I don't know why...but don't let a cold shoulder or two bug you, CMR, I don't think most of us want to take anything "out on you". Later,

N

Fellowaviator

Next time you pass through SLC.....

Perhaps while your wowing us with your pay you can properly explain why you and many of your brethern bought your jobs.

Remember the SLC 8 is a radar vector departure.

Latest resources

Back