Comair In Slc

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AFELLOWAVIATOR

Just finished a trip out west. The Skywest facility was pretty good in SLC. The station people at all the Skywest stations were great. A lot of very nice people. The ramp in SLC seemed to run pretty good, no worse than CVG.

That was the good part. We had a long break in SLC, so we decided to go to the crew lounge and watch TV. Well, when we ask a FA to help us get in, her response was "you guys are brave".

Thinking that she was joking, we laughed. When we got into the lounge, it was obvious right away what she had meant.

Boy oh boy did we get the cold shoulder. I attempted to strike up a conversation with a few pilots, and soon realized these people were not very hospitable. My crew and I felt we were treated very rudely.

Oh well, we tried.

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
Boy oh boy did we get the cold shoulder. I attempted to strike up a conversation with a few pilots, and soon realized these people were not very hospitable. My crew and I felt we were treated very rudely.

Gee, can you guess why? :rolleyes:

Can we guess why???

No, actually I can't. What's Skywest' beef with CMR?

Palerider957 said:
Can we guess why???

No, actually I can't. What's Skywest' beef with CMR?

Maybe they're sick of CMR's quaint use of the term Skywhores?

Skywhores? Ah, don't sweat it, those CMR boys are about to be bankrupt anyway...:D

If it makes the CMR crews feel any better, the SLC base seems to have a different attitude than many other SW bases. I'm based down south, and I get the cold-shoulder most of the time from my own fellow (SLC based) pilots. I've also said hi to CMR crews in SLC before and have been totally ignored.

But it's not just SkyWest crews that give attitude... I've heard that the Air Wisconsin ORD crew room went silent when a SkW crew walked in. ASA guys don't say much to SkW crews in DFW either... everyone seems to be a bit territorial these days. Not much you can do when the major partner is mixing up the flying for the feeders.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong. I thought it was funny. I guess what really p#ssed me off was not one of those guys and gals said "thank you" for fighting so hard for decent wages so those leachs could get paid what they do.( Except for the 70 seat pay, sorry, we tried. you just failed yourselves on that one.)

So Skywest doesn't like it when some other airline invades their hub. Well, welcome to the club Skywest.

What you need to do in the lounge there is SLC is lean on the counter and make sure you speak loud enough for most of the room.

Start talking about your 7 wives, 43 children and your volunteer work in support of pro-polygamy legislation.

Just kidding.

In all honesty I have found the majority of folks in SLC to be very hospitable. The Ops people are great. When you go up for the release they chat with you, and usually offer you cookies. The pilots have taken us over to the lounge to show us around and on the whole have been very friendly.

Plus they have a great operation up there. That is not to say that it does not come unravelled from time to time, like any hub. Most of the time, however, they run a great show.

Latest resources

Back