COMair in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bro,
While I agree written records do go further than just vocal I will tell you that here, every UOR I have written has had the portion which says "Written Reply Requested" box not only checked, but circled, underlined and highlighted. NEVER have I had a reply.
Caveman's outstanding suggestion would clean the pot for a day or two then slide back to current status.
Surplus has it dead on, 'national tragedy'.
I am curious as to how Delta can see these delays everyday all day and not wonder why or at least try and find a solution.
You have throw in 'excellent' decision making from the Flt Cntrl crowd also as a problem also. I brought 56 folks in from MGM the other day 2 hours late because they did not want to swap or find a spare ac. They sent our original plane to CSG almost 1 1/2 hours late so we sat and waited for it to come back. Finally did the MGM rnd trip and then went back to MGM for the overnight. MGM told us EVERY one of the pax missed their connections and had to spend the night in ATL.
Great way to treat the people who pay us.

After spending a month in Atlanta I would have to say that Atlanta has the most LAZY people on earth. Nothing gets done quickly and if involves ANY effort forgetaboutit....

YOU know what I am talking about!

The benefit of the Comair pilots writing each and every one of these situations up will be to further validate to the company that the ASA pilots are NOT respoinsible for the continuing abysmal service that DELTA provides to its customers. I emphasize Delta because Leo can change this situation if enough pressure is brought to bear.

Unfortunately, ASA is still operated as a nickel and dime operation with the end result that every day is nothing but a dog and pony show.

And we wonder why passengers continue to want to pay discounted prices for tickets. Maybe if they were treated to some real customer service they would pay for it.

On another topic. Anybody at ASA hear the big news yesterday at the G.O. ?????????

Caveman said:
I was in ATL 8 times over the last couple of weeks. No weather delays, no flows, gate holds or anything like that. Not once did we depart on time. More than once we left without getting requests for commissary, water or lav service done. The 'work' ethic at the north end of ramp 3 is beyond pathetic. If I were the one calling the shots I'd fire every last one of them. Even starting over with brand new rampies with no experience would be an improvement over whats happening there now. Hats off to my fellow airmen at ASA. How you guys put up with that on a daily basis and still somehow keep a schedule together is beyond me. Next time I'm complaining about the occasional shoddy service in CVG somebody slap me and remind me how good we have it.

Well, they could fire them, but then you have to look at what is out there to replace them with. I don't know if higher pay would allow us hire better quality people, but I doubt the company will try that. Most of us just don't care anymore. You Comair guys will soon learn to not let it bother you, because there is nothing you can do about it. Our management is well aware of the problem, and yet they do almost nothing about it. Semper Fi!

rjcap said:
The benefit of the Comair pilots writing each and every one of these situations up will be to further validate to the company that the ASA pilots are NOT respoinsible for the continuing abysmal service that DELTA provides to its customers. I emphasize Delta because Leo can change this situation if enough pressure is brought to bear.

Unfortunately, ASA is still operated as a nickel and dime operation with the end result that every day is nothing but a dog and pony show.

And we wonder why passengers continue to want to pay discounted prices for tickets. Maybe if they were treated to some real customer service they would pay for it.

On another topic. Anybody at ASA hear the big news yesterday at the G.O. ?????????

I saw the memo on FLICA about Nelson D. taking over for Scott Young in contract talks. Does that mean Young is outta there, or just out of the contract business?

In response to the ramper situation in ATL, I'm wondering how long its going to be before the Airtran rampers start taking their time to park us at the end of D. I know we only have a fraction of RJ's compared to ASA or Comair in ATL and we (Air Wisconsin) have only been there a few months but the rampers that handle us actually run to thier spots when were pulling in. I even flew with a Capt who is new to ATL (transferred out of ORD/United) who actually made a comment about how they ran out to park us. He said he never saw that in ORD.
Just wondering how long the novelty is going to last for us.

New Crew Base???

It was rumored yesterday that Comair sent several of people to Atlanta recently to view the situation. They returned suggesting Comair send people from CVG to work the ramp and to consider making it a crew base. Not anytime soon of course but as a solution the obvious problem. Chime

Atr Driver

I am curious as to how Delta can see these delays everyday all day and not wonder why or at least try and find a solution.

They did find the problem and soultion! They continuously blame the pilots and fix it with one hour prior duty-in's.

ATL will never be fixed untill DCI starts paying the rampers higher wages to attract more compitent individuals. I cant tell you how many times I have gone looking for rampers just to find them hiding asleep in the stair wells. The problem here is ERGONOMICS and it will not go away. Heck, every time they get a piss test, we loose 20 of them. We must higher from a greater populace with requirements like a high school education, etc! :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back