• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

comair growth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not a bad deal for ASA since they are getting 12 GECAS/former Blue Ridge CRJ's and losing only 10 CRJ's to Comair...

General Lee said:
The name of the airline might change too-----to DELWEST. (I made it up----catchy, eh?)(I am running to the trademark office right now......)

Bye Bye--General Lee

I liked the rumors in the late 90's of CAL and DAL merging. The new company would be called Deltanental and their slogan would be, "We love to work hard and it shows".

Interviewed 2 weeks ago, official word is E170 or crj700 or 705. unnoficial bet is on a 700/705 combo meal deal. By the way i got the job!

What happens when Delta goes into Ch 11? Will Comair continue to get the jets if they are dragged in to Bankruptcy with Delta?

Does the LOA protect the Comair pilots in Bankruptcy? I would think everything could be changed by the judge.

This is only one reason why I hope Comair gets sold and soon.

Jet

Would anyone care to comment on the particulars that Comair looks for on the app. to get a call? I see their published mins, but what are the competative times like lately. I figure the ATP should help, but no call yet. What do you Comair folks think the hiring forecast looks like for the rest of the year?

Thanks for the input in advance.

To respond to the original poster, the only way CMR would see a 190 on property, is of JB were to sell them a slot. The market on 170-190 series is locked up for quite a while. Rumor was FSI couldn't even begin building a much needed sim, 'cause Embraer simply was backed up. I think the orders already for the 170 are backed up to three years. That reasoning alone says that CMR will go for the -7700, oops I mean the -700:)

Congrats on the accptance letter. I'm sure they will get you into class asap.

There are major staffing problems right now. The last two months my lines have been "built" to 92+hours and block hours have not increased. I timed out 100 in 30 this month, and 30 in 7 last week, displaced 5 times with two taxis and a sick call for two legs. I'm getting a 116 hour check with 10 hours at premium. The coin will be nice, but summer heat and all this flying is wearing me down and qol suffers. I flew my 30th hour in five days out of CHS with 48 people and one pack, i'm sure I smelled lovely after that. Last rumor I heard was classes are being cancelled to bring sim instructor captains on line for august.

Also, Does anyone have ship numbers for the ASA airplanes? I have only seen/flown one, and since everytime I show up to work there are 7-10 planes in remote I don't call that growth at all. Did ASA get all 12 Indy planes yet?

Hey Jetflyer, check out my line for July.

Latest resources

Back