comair growth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buckeyes95

What is the deal with comair and the e190's? How many are they getting/expecting to get? How much movement are they projecting?

Comair's getting E190's? Really? I thought JetBlue was the only US operator to have bona-fide orders for these things.

Seems odd that Comair, a (relatively) high cost Delta wholly-owned CRJ operator would suddenly be getting planes that carry 100 pax. Methinks the Delta mainline guys would go NUTS.

I think this dog has no legs.

I have some land to sell to you...

Ain't gonna happen (scope, cash, credit, etc.)

The only growth scheduled for Comair is the 25 CL-700/705's (at one point rumored E170's) and that is on hold as well until financing is in place (IF). Growth that we are currently experiencing is only due to "staffing levels".

Last edited:
The only growth scheduled for Comair is the 25 CL-700/705's (at one point rumored E170's) and that is on hold as well until financing is in place (IF). Growth that we are currently experiencing is only due to "staffing levels

When will the pay freeze snap back without the 1st new 70 on property?

brvopilot said:
I have some land to sell to you...

Ain't gonna happen (scope, cash, credit, etc.)

The only growth scheduled for Comair is the 25 CL-700/705's (at one point rumored E170's) and that is on hold as well until financing is in place (IF). Growth that we are currently experiencing is only due to "staffing levels".

Actually, nowhere in the LOA does it say we'll get the CL-700/705. It just says aircraft certificated for 70 seats with no mention of the type of powerplant. There are pay rates for the CL-700 and the EMB-170 though. However, this could mean the Dash 8 Q400 instead. This aircraft would meet the requirements of the LOA.

I just mentioned that airplane because according to Buttrel that looks like the most likely growth aircraft as of right now (everything subject to change of course) but your right any airplane certified to 70 seats could potentially come on property (financing of course is still the issue).

Grinstein said in the last "Incommand" seminar for new DL Captains that there would be growth of 70 seaters, no 90 seaters though. Eventually there will be more 70 seaters (probably replacing 50 seaters) and the smallest mainline plane would be the 737-700 (eventually). The name of the airline might change too-----to DELWEST. (I made it up----catchy, eh?)(I am running to the trademark office right now......)

Bye Bye--General Lee

chperplt said:
When will the pay freeze snap back without the 1st new 70 on property?

Well by the LOA, they must have atleast 18 airframes on the property by 12/06. Of that only 8 have to be 70 seat aircraft since they are in the process of receiving 10 (CRJ200) 50 seats from ASA.

Texx said:
Well by the LOA, they must have atleast 18 airframes on the property by 12/06. Of that only 8 have to be 70 seat aircraft since they are in the process of receiving 10 (CRJ200) 50 seats from ASA.

BTW Comair guys, do you like flying ASA's jets or does it make you feel kinda funny?

BTW Comair guys, do you like flying ASA's jets or does it make you feel kinda funny?

I'm going to assume that you're insinuating that CMR has taken jets from ASA in some sort of devious plot....

Do the ASA pilots feel funny flying the GE jets they got in their place??

Latest resources

Back