comair growth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
chperplt said:
How long ago were you looking to get a new contract?

People like 180 don't care about getting a contract signed, because the General already has him hired on at mainline...

Last edited:
This is all dumb. Have some of you naysayers even heard Fred speak? If he does even half of what he says, he'll be quite a leader. Ask any Comair pilot about the APU situation and other various changes.....

I wouldn't put too much faith in what either Fred or Skip tells you. Fred may improve your APU situation (what's wrong with them anyway?), but he isn't doing it for the pilots.

The thing that bothers me most about the CMR freeze is not the moving around of airplanes, its the precedent that has been set. Now anytime an airline wants to buy new equipment, the employees (pilots) will be expected to help finance the order. I can see it now: "well we would like to get X number of airplanes but we need to be more competetive in the market...blah blah blah...therefore we need the pilots to freeze their pay, take concessions, etc..."

Now anytime an airline wants to buy new equipment, the employees (pilots) will be expected to help finance the order. I can see it now: "well we would like to get X number of airplanes but we need to be more competetive in the market...blah blah blah...therefore we need the pilots to freeze their pay, take concessions, etc..."

In times like these, yes... that is the precedent that has been set. BUT the CMR pilots didn't set this precedent. They were the last ones to take a freeze, cut, or anything of the like.

The company that ultimately pays your bills is losing a ton of money if you haven't noticed. In order to continue service and fight off the competition, something needs to be done. The Delta guys lost 30+% of their salary. How much have the Northwest guys lost? How about the AA guys??? How much have they lost to help the survivability of their employer?

What happened at CMR was no different. The company came to the pilots (All other groups had been pay frozen for over a year) and asked them for help. In exchange for their help, the company offered certain fleet guarantees... Call it anything you want, but the pilots helped the company out. No different that what the DAL, AA, & NW pilots have done.

Call it anything you want, but the pilots helped the company out. No different that what the DAL, AA, & NW pilots have done.
Actually, it is different. Comair was/is making money (according to DAL). That makes the CMR pilots the first to take concessions to help out a profitable company.

And another thing, two years ago the ASA pilots were told to extend our contract for two years to get more airplanes. We told mgmt to pound sand and we still got 25 new airframes. Thats another reason why so many ASA guys are upset about this....we feel you would have gotten the growth anyway. Freddie scared you guys and you bought into it.

Actually, it is different. Comair was/is making money

You are either really ignorant or just really need a reason to place blame...

I'll make it as basic as I can for you.... Delta owns ASA and CMR.. Both CMR and ASA can be profitable entities. BUT..... As long as Delta is losing money, the profit those companies make is immaterial. Until both CMR and ASA provide Delta a profit equal to, or greater than the loss that DAL incurs, the company as a whole is losing money.

The fact that you refused to extend your contract 2 additional years in also immaterial. That truth is, you have extended your contract unwillingly and for probably a lot more than 2 years. You got 25 more airplanes without agreeing to what has happened anyway. You do see that, don't you?

Latest resources

Back