• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Furloughs...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This a sad state of affairs. Flying is not being reduced, it is just being transferred to the lowest bidder. Good luck to all you Comair guys and gals.

I took a peek in the contract and I believe right now, a personal leave of absense your good for 30 days....furloughs...30 days.....but COLA same as active pilot......

So would a voluntary LOA in this case be a COLA (this is a company leave of absense right?)

flyinglow said:
This a sad state of affairs. Flying is not being reduced, it is just being transferred to the lowest bidder. Good luck to all you Comair guys and gals.

This is correct. It happened at Independence (when ACA went away b/c of costs). It is happening at AWAC. Mesaba is starting down the very same road. And now Comair seems not immune to this transfer of flying pandemic. Get your Plan B's going to bridge the gap to the next cycle, if you care to keep plying this game the next time it booms up.

Delta Connection, Incorporated. The company that manages the entire Delta Connection family (shudder) of carriers. Who/What Fred Butrell used to be President of.

Last edited:
What can we as a group do to stop this. It seems as though those who elect to work at these bottom feeders are getting the last laugh. They are getting better career progression. Will they be the ones to get hired first if this industry ever turns around. It sucks when you stand up for a principle only to be beat down by the lowest bidder.

flyinglow said:
What can we as a group do to stop this. It seems as though those who elect to work at these bottom feeders are getting the last laugh. They are getting better career progression. Will they be the ones to get hired first if this industry ever turns around. It sucks when you stand up for a principle only to be beat down by the lowest bidder.

I agree 100%. Is Mesa hiring?

Anybody know what the hire dates are for the furloughs? We had several FAs and Pilots that went to OH when they closed CVG last November. There have also been some furloughs and more FAs that have gone there since. Looks like they may have jumped from the frying pan into the fire.

Goodluck to all the folks at Comair........looks like we're all gonna need it....

Holy Shiite said:
Throw that Pup a milk bone. Thanks for the update. I wonder if there is no talk about the retirement contribution now so they try to make the pay cuts more palatable. Then they simply just take it away after we vote (61-39)to accept our pay/benefit reduction package. If they do that, the union boys better grow a set and negotiate some profit sharing. I'm not holding my breath.

Lets review the big picture real quick:

LOA earlier this = 12% pay cut (pay freeze right?)
current pay cut= 10%-15% pay cut
ret. contribution= 6% pay cut

That is a 25%-30% paycut for an airline that makes money?

We lose 30 Jets (for now) and Mesa increases MCO ops with 30 Jets.

Has Fred really done anything but Decimate Comair since he has been here?

Holy Shiite

Fuzzy math.
The cuts for pilots are going to be $17.3 million from what the pilots cost now, where that comes from depends on the negotiations between the company and the association. Of course, this is all subject to the bankruptcy judge.

Wow, this sounds like a mainline board when CMR had no problem taking DAL flying. "70 seaters!! 70 seaters!!" while DAL has 1000 on the street. RJDC! RJDC!
How's this for tough medicine. DAL can outsource to other RJ Providers for a better price thus making DAL more efficient and profitable. Isn't that want you want??? My how the table can turn.

Latest resources

Back