• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair furloughs 59 more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did not bash Comair at all. I just posted that it was a dumb idea to plan to make your own airline lose money. This method will not bring the guys back. Do you think management is going to say, "Oh my gosh, they are taxiing slow, doing write up's etc. We better call back the furloughs at once so they stop it." That is all I said. Then if you look at the next post the guy jumped me and threw the insult, followed by just about every other one of you. Check the facts. That is the way this thread has gone.

You are not getting it bottom feeder. As I have explained many, many times to you in the past, you are embarrassing yourself coming on to the regional boards and bashing Pilots that are about to lose their jobs.

" I'm glad to hear people like you going onto welfare."

There is more to life than wasting your time and getting obvious pleasure by gleefully rubbing a soon to be furloughed pilots face in the dirt. But this is very important to you Mr a-carp-e, the bottom feeding fish, isn't it??

How sad. You don't even realize just how messed up you really are.

Coming on to a regional forum for the express purpose of bashing soon to be furloughed pilots is not normal behavior. If indeed you are actually a Delta pilot, you should be very, very, very thankful to be there as you are
obviously not well. I doubt that you really are though.

You must be such a joy to work/live with on a daily basis. Get a life toolbag! But, I guess this is your life. Very sad indeed.... HS

I did not bash Comair at all. I just posted that it was a dumb idea to plan to make your own airline lose money. This method will not bring the guys back.

Neither will anything else, I fear.

While we're on the subject, I'm curious about something.

Comair/Delta/Northwest/whoeveritis management is trying to say Comair is too senior/too expensive. Let's humor ourselves for a second and say that's true. How does furloughing your most junior and cheapest people solve that problem? What happens to an airline's relative seniority and average pay when all that's left are 20-year CAs and 10-year FOs (IOW, both seats are at the top of the payscale)?

Now, take a guy who's making 120,000/year and has five years left. So, before the benefit costs etc, the guy stands to make 600,000 over those five years. Why not give him half of that in a lump sum and save the rest and be able to hold on to 10 junior guys instead? I would think that would solve the seniority/pay problem much more effectively.

Unless the seniority pay aren't really the issue.

You are not getting it bottom feeder. As I have explained many, many times to you in the past, you are embarrassing yourself coming on to the regional boards and bashing Pilots that are about to lose their jobs.

" I'm glad to hear people like you going onto welfare."

There is more to life than wasting your time and getting obvious pleasure by gleefully rubbing a soon to be furloughed pilots face in the dirt. But this is very important to you Mr a-carp-e, the bottom feeding fish, isn't it??

How sad. You don't even realize just how messed up you really are.

Coming on to a regional forum for the express purpose of bashing soon to be furloughed pilots is not normal behavior. If indeed you are actually a Delta pilot, you should be very, very, very thankful to be there as you are
obviously not well. I doubt that you really are though.

You must be such a joy to work/live with on a daily basis. Get a life toolbag! But, I guess this is your life. Very sad indeed.... HS

No you need to check the facts. I said nothing that bashed any Comair pilot or anyone about to lose their job! I made a comment back to ONE person who threw the insult on here at me. That is all! Check your facts. Then you go on and start insulting me. I guess I am just supposed to say "Thank You Sir May I Hvae Another." Give me a brake. You are all the ones that are so quick to say insults! Ready, Fire, Aim! That seems to be a lot of peoples response on here.

I was going to say its not really Northwest anymore. Its actually just a dicked up mess.

You mean the DCI portion, right? The mainline part is doing fine. Yes, we are moving some planes around and parking a few also (some "tweaking is going on"), but we are getting ready for the next big uptick. We have a "flexible" fleet, which will make us more profitable EVENTUALLY. The DCI portion, on the other hand, is parking a lot of planes (and will continue with Saabs and 50 seaters), and our management is starting to see that the RJ "frequency" that Fred Greed loved so much actually hurt us in the long run, and should not be tried again. Competing with RJs, (76 seaters too) against 717s or 737s will not work, against anyone. Luckily our management is starting to figure this out.

And, you are wrong about this not being Northwest. This is now mainly NWA, and is only named "Delta." It's called DINO---Delta in Name only. We do have some successful Ex-Delta standouts---like our VP of Flight Planning and our VP of Flight Ops, and Ed Bastain of course as President. They are still around.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

You mean the DCI portion, right? The mainline part is doing fine. Yes, we are moving some planes around and parking a few also (some "tweaking is going on"), but we are getting ready for the next big uptick. We have a "flexible" fleet, which will make us more profitable EVENTUALLY. The DCI portion, on the other hand, is parking a lot of planes (and will continue with Saabs and 50 seaters), and our management is starting to see that the RJ "frequency" that Fred Greed loved so much actually hurt us in the long run, and should not be tried again. Competing with RJs, (76 seaters too) against 717s or 737s will not work, against anyone. Luckily our management is starting to figure this out.

And, you are wrong about this not being Northwest. This is now mainly NWA, and is only named "Delta." It's called DINO---Delta in Name only. We do have some successful Ex-Delta standouts---like our VP of Flight Planning and our VP of Flight Ops, and Ed Bastain of course as President. They are still around.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yes, Dou(heLee

This is the Regional board, so we were talking about the DCI portion. Again, had we wanted to hear the viewpoint on the Major portion, we would have visited that board! Again, why do you feel the need to troll the regional board to spout off your opinions on us.

Yes, Dou(heLee

This is the Regional board, so we were talking about the DCI portion. Again, had we wanted to hear the viewpoint on the Major portion, we would have visited that board! Again, why do you feel the need to troll the regional board to spout off your opinions on us.

Because he thinks if he hears himself talk enough he might actually start to believe the things he spews. And everyone on the "majors" forum put him on ignore so he comes here now.

Yes, Dou(heLee

I can pretty much comment on anything I want, there are no rules against it. Just because you don't like the truth, doesn't mean I can't comment on it. Good luck with the DCI mess.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Because he thinks if he hears himself talk enough he might actually start to believe the things he spews. And everyone on the "majors" forum put him on ignore so he comes here now.

Wait, who are you again? Oh, that's right, I don't care.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back