Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

capt. megadeth

Metal Momma!
I don't know if I spelled the last name right but I was thinking about the FO from the Comair crash in LEX the other day. I was just wondering if anyone knows how he is doing. Thanks.

last i heard he had been moved from Lexington to a rehabilitation center, where I dont know, maybe some of the Comair guys would know more....I wish him luck though

Last I heard, he was still in LEX, but was supposed to be going to NY or something to continue his recovery. Doesn't remember anything, or vague recollection of the crash, hadn't been told the details yet, as the shrinks played with that. I believe he also required to have a leg amputated, but overall was improving as expected.......just what I heard, so dunno..

I am not an a$$, and if I don't write this correctly someone will call me insensative or whatever. Just wondering... Does his name still appear on the company seniority list, and is the company supporting him during his recovery? Is there disability insurance or pay at Comair, and does/would it apply here?

There were guys who were on serious long-term medical LOA at ACA/Independence. The company didn't help them, so we had a Pilot Mutual Aid Fund for those of us who weren't too cheap to donate a few bucks out of each paycheck to help a brother out. Maybe Comair has something like that.

I believe he's covered by OJI or something like that. though don't know the details of how those programs work...etc......So I think he's covered by workmens comp or something..

By law Workmans Compensation will take care of his medical bills and compensation.

701EV

I, too, heard he is in rehab. I heard from a person "in the know" that the family has set up an email address that he uses to communicate to pilots and/or anyone who wishes to email him. He is actually able to reply to an email if you want to send him one. Unfortunately, I don't know the email address.
I don't know the verbage I need to use so that I won't wind up offending those of you that choose to be easily offended, but I am told that his responses are short and for the lack of a better word, elementary. The poor guy dosent even remember the crash.
Unfortunately, he is personally being sued by numerous family members of the people killed in the crash.

- The only way the insurer could get out of paying is if his actions were not in furtherance of his duties - not likely.

- The company is vicariously liable for his actions. Even if he is personally named in the suit, the liability goes straight to his employer.

Latest resources

Back