• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair FO James Polehinke?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last I heard, he was still in LEX, but was supposed to be going to NY or something to continue his recovery. Doesn't remember anything, or vague recollection of the crash, hadn't been told the details yet, as the shrinks played with that. I believe he also required to have a leg amputated, but overall was improving as expected.......just what I heard, so dunno..

What an absolute tragedy.. my prayers with him and the 49 others.

14RF-

Have you communicated with Jim at all?

I don't know that there would be anybody else I would want to talk to about the accident except you or a handful of others.

The poor guy dosent even remember the crash.
Unfortunately, he is personally being sued by numerous family members of the people killed in the crash.

It's probably better then that he doesn't remember. Do people have any morals these days? To know someone is in that condition and sue them personally just makes me sick to my stomach. I mean, do people have any compassion?

Malpractice insurance for pilots? I am almost chuckled but then I realized that may not be too far off if we aren't careful. All it takes is one judge to change the rules from the bench, then we are hosed.

No kidding!

No kidding!

True. But there is a good amount of physicans out there who have had people die under their care. And thanks to their malpractice insurance and legal team, guess what, they are still working and pulling down fat 6 figure salaries.

There is one in Denver, a brain surgeon. Had something like 5 people die under his care, all apparently his fault for some reason or another. Makes something like 450K a year. Now I don't know what his premiums are for malpractice insurance. But for being a habitual screw up in his field and killing people because of incompetence, thats still some pretty good coin.

Could you imagine passengers having to sign the liability forms everytime they board and airplane like you do when you have a surgery done?

Could you imagine passengers having to sign the liability forms everytime they board and airplane like you do when you have a surgery done?

They should just make it part of buying the ticket.

Kinda like if you go to a hockey game, the back of the ticket says the arena isn't responsible if the puck launches over the glass and knocks the last couple teeth you have out of your skull.

They already have the Warsaw Convention stuff that limits liability on international tickets.

I'm strictly part 91 Corporate and understand the backpack wearing, Ipod wearing part. But what is the deal with the frosted hair, sorry to get back off topic but I've heard this description many times in many different treads and was just curious if people where really frosting there hair these days.

Unfortunately, we live in a time of frivolous lawsuits and ambulance chasing lawyers.

Understandibly enough, the families of the crash victims are not only grieving, but also probably very frustrated. I'm sure they're being encouraged by greedy lawyers to sue everybody.

Even though this fo was behind the controls at the time of the crash, he is also a victim. He did not plan this tragedy to happen! I would hope that if anything ever went to court, a competent judge would dismiss the case.

We all know that grave mistakes were made on that day. The crew shouldn't have taken off on that runway. A crew is always responsible for their flight. I don't know what the families of the victims should do, but I DO know that suing them personally is NOT the answer.
This pilot and his family has already gone through enough, they don't need to be bothered by lawsuits.

But what is the deal with the frosted hair, sorry to get back off topic but I've heard this description many times in many different treads and was just curious if people where really frosting there hair these days.

Our industry forefathers who flew the first airliners back in the old days would turn over in their graves if they saw how some of these young backpack/ipod/spikey hair wonderpilot punks look nowadays.

Latest resources

Back