• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair "Exception"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All around... the comair ramp people do a pitiful job... sometimes its like trying to pull teeth to even get the release and they seem to think that if they get us the release 5 minutes prior to push back its ok.

I wish that we could have brought our own people to MCO to show them how its done. Our STL ground operation is top notch.

embraerjetpilot said:
All around... the comair ramp people do a pitiful job... sometimes its like trying to pull teeth to even get the release and they seem to think that if they get us the release 5 minutes prior to push back its ok.

I wish that we could have brought our own people to MCO to show them how its done. Our STL ground operation is top notch.

Are you kidding me?

Sounds like another whiny Chitty Kitty pilot. Tell me again how much less than ASA and Comair you're going to get paid to fly your new 70 seat aircraft. You've got a lot of nerve to undercut everyone in DCI, then turn around and badmouth Comair.

Last edited:
IFLY - AMEN BROTHER!

You also smellin what he steppin in?

~~~^~~~ said:
IFLY - AMEN BROTHER!

You also smellin what he steppin in?

FINS TO THE LEFT!
FINS TO THE RIGHT!

A BOTTOM-DWELLER FEEDING FRENZY IS COMING LIVE TO ATLANTA AND CINCINNATTI TONIGHT!

When Comair pilots were based in Orlando we never had a problem getting our releases on time.

We would get them ourselves.

Maybe we get paid more than you, because we do more than you (ie. getting our arses out of the planes and walking inside to print the release).

Stop your bitching whore, before someone like Mesa bitch slaps you...

I personally feel like Comair ramp crews do a great job at pretty much all stations I can think of. Often they are understaffed, but most times youll see them busting there tails to try get the job done. I give kudos to there HR dept for hiring people who..well...arent Burger King Rejects.

embraerjetpilot said:
...the [C]omair ramp people do a pitiful job...
What are you smoking? :eek:

Of all the ramp personnel I've dealt with, Comair's are the most consistently friendly and efficient. That's at CVG, BHM, TYS...everywhere.

Now when you act like a prick, you tend to get treated like a prick. Maybe it's you, EMBjetpilot.

embraerjetpilot said:

You should have figured out by now that there are more than one kind of fish in the pond. Some are "gold fish" (like ASA and CMR), others are just catfish. Gold fish get much more attention than catfish.

Understand?

What do they call the fish that you see hanging from sharks and whales that latch on to the big fish and suck the blood out of them and eat the shi.t off thier bodies? I think that pretty much explains what is going on at ole Delta Connection.

embraerjetpilot said:

(Aewanabe does a futile attempt at damage control from a CHQ pilot who must've posted drunk).....

What are you, nuts?? First of all, I've gotta say that in fairness the places that have CHQ-staffed ground crews (STL, IND, and some AA outstations, I think) ARE top-notch operations. However, the MCO operation is absolutely one of the finest we have the pleasure of dealing with. I don't have any clue about CVG's A-concourse because I haven't done any flying up that way, but the Comair guys and gals we work with in Orlando are exceptional. (I won't go into stations that are serviced by DGS ....) Oddly enough we don't here any griping from them about us "stealing their flying"..... Although any airline with 1100 pilots is gonna have it's share of a@@holes, I've heard both from the station manager and ramp crews in MCO how much they like working with us because we're not as stuck up as the "native" Comair crews. Go figure. In the meantime, if need be I do go get my own release (or throw bags); but I'VE NEVER HAD TO in MCO. E-jet pilot must never have the pleasure of flying through Philly.

Now for the rest of you broken-record dorks who had to go through the same, tired, "bottom-feeder" refrain... well, it's not really worth it explaining things anymore. Oddly enough, I've Jumpseated a couple dozen times on ASA and Comair, including 5 or so in the cockpit. I've received nothing but professional, courteous treatment from all your crews. So what's the deal? Am I really only running into the 1% of guys who don't know enough to hate me for dragging down the industry? Or is it just that all the hotheads are here on the internet? Frankly, since in-person y'all have been gracious enough to give the rides and share your jumpseats, I guess it really doesn't matter. You can make all the stale-ass CHQ jokes you want after I leave, in the meantime thanks for the ride.

(P.S. Surplus, the "goldfish-vs-catfish" comment was subtle, I liked that. I really thought you were smarter than the bashing, though. Have you been sucked in to the mob mentality? At any rate, regardless of what your pilots do or don't think of us, in all sincerity the OO ground crews really are superb, and the vast majority of us appreciate the service.)

Latest resources

Back