• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair "Exception"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've never had problems with stations crewed by either airline. They were all good people.

I have to say that CVG is run ok! I didn't leave on time once in 6 departures from CVG and they were atleast 25min turns....2 were 45+ minute turns. They are hard working sometimes maybe even most of the time but surely not all the time!!!
Also it is rare to get the services that are requested...ie lav dump.
Noone likes doing it but if it is your job and it is requested in plenty of time it should get done!
Sorry for the rant just bad experience last week in CVG.
All in All I really enjoy working with the Comair folks!
Ciao

aewanabe said:
Now for the rest of you broken-record dorks who had to go through the same, tired, "bottom-feeder" refrain... well, it's not really worth it explaining things anymore. Oddly enough, I've Jumpseated a couple dozen times on ASA and Comair, including 5 or so in the cockpit. I've received nothing but professional, courteous treatment from all your crews. So what's the deal? Am I really only running into the 1% of guys who don't know enough to hate me for dragging down the industry?
I've answered this in a new thread called "Bottom-Feeders." Check it out...

aewanabe said:
(P.S. Surplus, the "goldfish-vs-catfish" comment was subtle, I liked that. I really thought you were smarter than the bashing, though. Have you been sucked in to the mob mentality? At any rate, regardless of what your pilots do or don't think of us, in all sincerity the OO ground crews really are superb, and the vast majority of us appreciate the service.)

Awanabe,

I don't like the "bashing" routines and try hard to avoid them. No, I haven't been sucked into the mob mentality. However, you must also understand that I am human just like everyone else. Your "brother", embraerjetpilot, chose to launch what I thought was an unprovoked attack against the ground personnel at my airline. I am a pilot but I respect the ground people on our team and they are my brother's too. Ninety-nine out of a hundred are good people and do a terrific job. When my brother is attacked, even though I may have some "differences" with him, I will come to his defense and help repel the attacker. When the squabble is over, I'll go back to dealing with my "differences" with him. You see, our "rampies" are not pilots but they are a part of my "family".

I don't "hate" or even dislike anybody and I'll often remain quiet even when I'm not "in love" with the sihtuation. If my "pond" is attacked, I will defend it, especially when I know the defense is justified. We are not perfect and I make no such claim but we're way ahead of whomever is in second place. I didn't throw the rock. I just caught the rock that was thrown, and threw it back.

You are welcome in "the pond", until you attempt to muddy the water. Goldfish don't like muddy water and do not fare well swimming on or near the bottom. This species of goldfish will do battle to keep the pond clear. Carassius auratus have scales whereas Pylodictis olivaris do not. This makes crossbreeding very difficult under the best of circumstances.

Thanks for your attempt at "damage control". It went a long way to calming the embraer waves and clearing the water. Objective criticism is always welcome.

Regards,
Surplus1

surplus1 said:
Goldfish don't like muddy water and do not fare well swimming on or near the bottom. This species of goldfish will do battle to keep the pond clear.
I'm reminded of a former Eastern pilot who walked out of an interview at UPS after being asked: "if you were a fish, what kind of fish would you be?"

I'm happy to see surplus has worked out his answer already... :D

If Surplus1 really had a choice he would probably prefer to be a shark. However, he's only a goldfish. When goldfish are forced to swim with sharks we all know who gets eaten.

PS. The thought of giving the swallowing shark a strong case of indigestion does wonders for the goldfish's self esteem. Kinda like kicking the bully in the shins.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back