• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
j41driver said:
AirTran Chief Pilot Office confirmed it was indeed one of our FO's jumpseating. God bless all of the families involved.

glad 2 c it is not you.

flyboycmsu said:
No more PFTers. No more 300 hour wonders.

Yeah you need to read some of the facts involved here. The captain had 7 years with ComAir and the FO 4. I think they both were exclusive to the CRJ-200 during their tenure with the company. So more than likely the FO had well in excess of 3000 hours and the captain many many more. Familiarize yourself with the situation before you make comments like that and lets wait to see what the chain of errors reveals here. The CVR should be the most telling component I think.

RIP to all involved in the tragedy.

Dubya said:
I can't fathom how many of you can carry on as you do after 49 people pass, one life hangs in there by the grace of God, and hundreds of family members and friends grieve like many of you cannot imagine, I know I can't.

I challenge all of you to close your mouths, bow your heads and repeat after me....

Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.

Now I request the mod's to end this thread on a solemn note and stop the name calling and bickering.

W

You and I are the only ones who get. I couldnt have said it better myself! I cant even begin to understand why our other brothers and sisters on here continue to curse at each other on a thread topic like this. It's time to put our petty differences aside.

DrProc said:
Have you ever heard of companies such as FedEx, UPS, Airborne, Capital, ATI, etc...fly at night, sleep during the day. If you fly standups, then adjust to the schedule. Remember on the application that you filled out, where you checked the box that said you would be able to work weekends, holidays, and NIGHTS? The four hours of sleep at night complement the six plus you should get during the day. Oh, and by the way, they weren't on a standup anyways.

The problem isn't flying CDO's. Anyone can adjust their sleep cycle to compensate for flying at night. The problem is when you fly a normal 3 day trip, followed by a CDO or two. It is not safe nor is it realistic to expect a crew to be able to adjust their body clocks over the period of 12 hours. I understand that this incident was not a CDO, but that is the problem with them.

DrProc said:
There was probably only one controller in the tower at the time. Recording ATIS, ground control, clearance, and tower ops. Along with probably a pile of paperwork. Blame Congress for not properly funding ATC, for not having the tower properly staffed.

Republican Congress

I hope the CVR doesn't have any conversation about the short runway or a remark to the JS "Watch this!" or something like that. I understand that there was work either in progress or recently done at the airport that might have effected signage, etc.

Hugh Johnson said:
I hope the CVR doesn't have any conversation about the short runway or a remark to the JS "Watch this!" or something like that. I understand that there was work either in progress or recently done at the airport that might have effected signage, etc.

There was no jumpseater in the cockpit. It was confirmed he was an Airtran FO. Airtran doesnt have CASS = no cockpit jumpseat. He had a seat in the back.

The work that was done was to extend the safety overrun of the long runway and to repave/repaint it. The work was completed a week ago I believe and the airport was closed (to commercial traffic at least) for 3 days.

Dubya said:
I can't fathom how many of you can carry on as you do after 49 people pass, one life hangs in there by the grace of God, and hundreds of family members and friends grieve like many of you cannot imagine, I know I can't.

I challenge all of you to close your mouths, bow your heads and repeat after me....

Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.

Now I request the mod's to end this thread on a solemn note and stop the name calling and bickering.

W

Dubya is right on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back