• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Forgive me for my ignorance, but I'm very unfamiliar with the millitary. What's the "stop-loss"...I'm a little unclear on what that's about...

Also, did she agree that you wouldn't go to class until next winter? I would have guessed a lot sooner than that.

Take care.

STOPLOSS= MILITARY SAYS "YOU BE HERE FOUR HOUR, YOU DON'T GO NOW.......".....

meaning, in order for the active duty folks to fly for an airline they need to be released......well, when a stop loss is in effect, there are no retirements allowed.....or people just wanting to get out......

as for Comair, I think the mil subject pertains to not only those dealing with stoploss, but those of us that were in the Reserves/Guard but were activated because of 9/11 and unable to perhaps take our first class date because of being still activated.

BNA/ Military Class Dates

Anaconda,
I like to remain anonymous but I can tell you that I'm not in the BNA guard unit and I can tell you that RichO is not as well (yes...we all talk to each other :) ). Not sure why you're asking but I do know a guy in that unit I could put you in touch with if you need a contact.

Tri-holer...I understand your frustration with the military guys suddenly becoming available but I think Comair has actually worked out a pretty fair system, keeping a percentage of mil and civillian guys in each class. True, the activated Guard/Reserve guys have been getting a steady paycheck but they have been forced to go places and be away from their families against their will and many of these guys interviewed well over a year ago. Many of them would gladly have given up that paycheck to have control over their lives again and be in a position to start with an airline. They interviewed a long time ago...is it fair that they should take a number behind someone who interviewed a year later? They could make the point that though you've been unemployed at an airline, you at least had the freedom to pursue other career avenues. I really do understand your point however, and in a situation like this you can't make everyone happy. I think, however, they have come up with the best solution they could. I hope you can start soon...good luck!

Otto,

Congrats and welcome aboard!!!! Just to give you a heads up you transfer control of your life from Uncle Sam to Crew Scheduling. LOL

Other than that it isn't a bad place to be. See ya on line!!

Shafted

I was able to talk to Linda on Friday....

10 in the July 8th class
12 in the July 15th class

There will be another class August 5th or thereabouts. Classes are tentatively 2x/month from here on, but they're taking it on a month to month basis.

It sounded like it was pretty unlikely for anyone beyond the beginning of march to have a class date yet. Anybody who interviewed in late march, or early may (i don't think they interviewed in april??? correct me if i'm wrong) should be in class by the end of september as long as they keep getting their jets on schedule.

Time to go pay hommage to the mono Gods.....why me. I guess August doesn't sound so bad anymore ;-)

Congtratulations to all who received the good news recently.

Regarding new hire training in the 70 seater...it probably won't happen any time soon. The company recently issued a secondary vacancy bid for the 70 seater. If I remember accurately, they need an additional 10 F/Os for that airplane. Some of those who bid the first time around, didn't do so this time.

If there is not a sufficient number from the secondary bid, they will be junior manned. My guess is they will come from those who are currently line qualified.

Fly safe!

Class numbers

10 in the July 8th class
12 in the July 15th class

That's too bad about the numbers...I talked to them awhile back and they indicated each class would have 20+. I guess things have changed a bit. I hope everyone in the pool can start soon! Is anyone else here in the 8th class?

There were interviews in April, one of my Academy grad buddies is in the July 15 class from the April interview. The hiring team was at the Academy last week and mentioned they had a "soft" schedule of 3 classes in Aug, and a "soft" schedule of exclusive Brasilia, and maybe 70 seater classed in Sep with a resumption of new hire classes in Oct.

I had a chance to fly two of the interview captains around in one of our new Seminoles; whatta blast they were! Introduced them to GPS approaches!

Sleeping 'till 2 and not drawing much of a paycheck is getting to be a bummer. Maybe I'll crawl back underground at Los Alamos and suck up some more rads in the name of national defense...at least it's decent pay!

Latest resources

Back