Comair canceling interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FDJ2 said:
What was the date on that letter and what was the position of the CMR MEC prior to that date? Could you post that letter?

Your penchant(and several others including the General) for forgetting facts surrounding this issue is remakable. Comair pilots nerver said Delta furloughees weren't welcomed. There was one simple request that if you wish to work at Comair that you resign your seniority number . This was made at the behest of the comair MEC and NOT THE PILOT GROUP!

Somehow the fact that the majority of Comair pilots like where they work and consider it a career position is completely lost on you. Otherwise you would recognize why the MEC made this request. A request which was not without merit considering the facts but one with which I did not personally agree.

You seem to forget how your pilot group turned its' back on the Comair group. You seem to forget that while the paradigm was shifting in this industry you and your pilot group forged on with what it and ALPA thought was the great equalizer in numerous industry scope clauses. Doing this while ignoring two great evils. The companies ability to "whipsaw" pilot groups and the biggest bane of all "Code share"!

One would think you and the General would eventually get over the blame game. Then again everyone in peril seems to blame someone else for problems they brought on themselves. One look at the news from NO will verify that!

spinproof said:
Comair pilots nerver said Delta furloughees weren't welcomed. There was one simple request that if you wish to work at Comair that you resign your seniority number . This was made at the behest of the comair MEC and NOT THE PILOT GROUP!

So in your world the CMR MEC doesn't represent the CMR pilot group.

When did the CMR MEC change its position on demanding seniority resignation and why?

Spinproof,

I know you are trying to help but please get the facts right. Our MEC never requested that anyone resign their seniority. We have always welcomed furloughees from any airline. Our COMPANY had a long standing policy of requiring seniority resignation from ALL furloughed pilots, not just DAL. Sometimes they enforced it, sometimes they didn't. Our MEC and the pilots had no say in the matter.

A couple of years back the DAL MEC approached our MEC to inquire about the resignation policy. He wanted our support in trying to get it changed. Our MEC said fine, but while you are here let's talk about a few things. The response from the DAL MEC was basically sit down, be quiet and do what we tell you or we'll broadcast to the world that the CMR pilots are preventing DAL furloughees from getting hired.

Last year or so the CMR MEC did send a letter to all concerned stating clearly that we did and always have supported the hiring of DAL furloughees. GL and his ilk don't like the facts so they keep up the false drumbeat that CMR pilots prevented DAL furlougheees from getting hired at CMR.

Caveman said:
Last year or so the CMR MEC did send a letter to all concerned stating clearly that we did and always have supported the hiring of DAL furloughees.

Any chance you could post that letter?

12-06-2002, 16:00 #1

snowback

DAL MEC meets Comair MEC

From a recent DALPA Code-a phone message

Item two. At its October meeting, the (Delta) MEC passed a resolution directing the MEC Chairman to meet with the Comair MEC to pursue a reciprocal preferential hiring policy for furloughed Delta pilots at Comair and for Comair pilots at Delta. This week, MEC Chairman Capt. Will Buergey met with the Comair MEC Chairman in Cincinnati to discuss this issue further. The Comair MEC Chairman stated that his MEC administration does not support the hiring of furloughed Delta pilots at Comair. ASA management, at the ASA MEC’s request, has already hired furloughed Delta pilots, who start at the bottom of the airline’s seniority list and retain their recall rights at Delta.

12-06-2002, 16:13 #2

ACE

It's not going to happen. Comair management and the Comair pilot group do not want the Delta pilots to come over and work with us. The only way it could happen is if Delta management says too take the Delta pilots. The Comair pilots are ready to cause chaos if we are made to do this against our will. I do not want to see any Delta pilot furloughed, but for them to come to Comair is a conflict of interest. For all you Delta pilots, you guys can call me an ass all you want for saying this, but it is fact.

Last edited:
I wounder if the Delta MEC put his spin on the conversation,or if that is exactly as it happened. HMMMM I wonder.

I would imagine if you read what the Comair MEC said happen in this meeting there might be a slight difference in the two accounts. HMMMM I wonder.

You better just keep on believing everything you read. Never, I repeat, never think for yourself.

Last edited:
FDJ,

Check your dates on that code-a-phone...and the source.
Your quote actually enhances Caveman's argument:

Caveman said:
The response from the DAL MEC was basically sit down, be quiet and do what we tell you or we'll broadcast to the world that the CMR pilots are preventing DAL furloughees from getting hired.

This is exactly what he's done, and you guys bought it hook, line and sinker. You are so content to believe what is fed to you that you refuse to search for the truth. You were lied to, plain and simple. I understand you think you need to blame somebody for Delta's problems, but anybody with any logical thought process knows that Comair is not your enemy. What's worse, is that you know its true, but still want to believe Comair is the bad guy.

What's so infuriating about this is that the Delta MEC said point blank that he was going to do that and that there was no way we could stop him. Why was he successful? Because some pilots are so eager to pick a fight that they're not interested in whether or not the allegations were true.

I guess its easier to maintain a lie than to accept that your so-called "enemy" over the last few years isn't really as bad as you've been told.

FDJ2,

I'll try to find the letter and post either a copy or a link.

Is your first reference from Snowback a direct quote from the MEC message or is it a synopsis with his own interpretation that our MEC said that? If it's a direct quote I will personally challenge our MEC to respond because we (I) have always been led to believe that we supported hiring DAL furloughees.

Your second reference from Ace is his own opinion on what he and other CMR pilots think. That don't make it so.

cmrflyer said:
I would imagine if you read what the Comair MEC said happen in this meeting there might be a slight difference in the two accounts. HMMMM I wonder.

What exactly was the CMR MEC's response. Could you post it?

Caveman said:
FDJ2,

I'll try to find the letter and post either a copy or a link.

That would be greatly appreciated. FYI- that was a quote from the code a phone.

Spinplate said:
If Delta does file...... all contracts can be terminated. ASA routes bye bye!! Skywest flushes over 300million cash down the drain. They will try and do it for cheaper. Mesa ...or Freedom I should say won the contract out of Orlando because they can offer the same product for a smaller price. If they see that as a way to save even more money......well in bankruptcy court, anything goes, and Mesa could get even more routes.........the ones that ASA,Comair,Skywest,etc. currently fly. That would be the worst scenario, but possible. Its a bidding war to see who can do it for the cheapest safely.

There will be a CHQ 170 base in MCO and FLL for Delta.

Latest resources

Back