• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair canceling interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
looks like delta will still have a bunch of cash still too, well over a billion especially after the ASA sale. what makes people so sure that they will declare bankruptcy? don't they still have 18 mil stock warrants on priceline stock at less than a dollar per share. Doesn't Delta still hedge fuel.... just not jet A? and then, how are these two things posted on the balance sheet? at fair market value..... well who decides what fair market value is? The sky is not falling on Delta as fast as people think it is, they still have options of which one is to sell Comair. If this happens then it means they are running out of options fast or they are about to merge with another airline. I could see Delta merging with Continental and if that is the case then Delta would have to integrate Comair with the transaction because of language in Comair's LOA. There would be no problem with this but it adds a dimension to the merger.

back to class cancellations, if I gather all of the information correctly there have been no class cancellations just class downsizes of which some people will have to swim longer. If this was not the case, why would they publish this information in a monthly bid packet?

"They did however ask the Comair MEC about preferencial hiring on the bottom of Comair's list, and they wanted DOH on Delta's, so it was not agreed upon."

Absolute BS. That conversation NEVER happened. You must be getting your talking points from General Lee.

twobits said:
looks like delta will still have a bunch of cash still too, well over a billion especially after the ASA sale. what makes people so sure that they will declare bankruptcy? don't they still have 18 mil stock warrants on priceline stock at less than a dollar per share. Doesn't Delta still hedge fuel.... just not jet A? and then, how are these two things posted on the balance sheet? at fair market value..... well who decides what fair market value is? The sky is not falling on Delta as fast as people think it is, they still have options of which one is to sell Comair. If this happens then it means they are running out of options fast or they are about to merge with another airline. I could see Delta merging with Continental and if that is the case then Delta would have to integrate Comair with the transaction because of language in Comair's LOA. There would be no problem with this but it adds a dimension to the merger.

back to class cancellations, if I gather all of the information correctly there have been no class cancellations just class downsizes of which some people will have to swim longer. If this was not the case, why would they publish this information in a monthly bid packet?

Yeah, you're right. Hey, do you want some of my delta stock? I'll give you a great deal on it.

DGdaPilot said:
What kind of fool thinks that Comair can be bought for a mere $300 million?

You don't buy airlines for straight cash. With a variety of outside investments, stock offerings, financing agreements with Delta, etc, Mesa could very easily buy Comair for $6-700 million...or more.

PGTB said:
CHQ is going to feel a little pain to as Freedom is slowly going to start replacing their 145 flying.

There will definitely be an increase in 170 and possibly 190 flying at CHQ/Shuttle America for DCI when Delta files. That's what we've heard.

Last edited:
When is Parker Brothers going to put out the Delta Monopoly Set? Do not pass go, do not collect............

If Delta does file...... all contracts can be terminated. ASA routes bye bye!! Skywest flushes over 300million cash down the drain. They will try and do it for cheaper. Mesa ...or Freedom I should say won the contract out of Orlando because they can offer the same product for a smaller price. If they see that as a way to save even more money......well in bankruptcy court, anything goes, and Mesa could get even more routes.........the ones that ASA,Comair,Skywest,etc. currently fly. That would be the worst scenario, but possible. Its a bidding war to see who can do it for the cheapest safely.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back