Comair and Delta Furloughed Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Captain,

I was the last furloughed but no I was not a furlough coordinator, but thanks for kudos. I do know what a furlougee goes through and it was MORE difficult than divorce. I don't think anyone at Delta is happy about furloughs at any airline as we have had our fair share.

Imacdog, your flaming us just affirms the attitude against us from some rank and file at Comair. We never did understand it. I came from a sister regional and their was never the discourse between the two groups. Some at Comair continue with a chip on their shoulder against us and as rebuttal we don't forget how we were treated by Comair vs ASA.

Last edited:
Puff, the nice thing for me is I have no attachment to the Delta system anymore. You are the one that has to live with your decisions and loss of job security, not me. I was hired on at Comair several years after all this went down anyway. You probably still consider me a scab for having worked there at all though, and if it makes you feel better about yourself then I'm happy for you.

Here is a piece of your own advice. You left the airlines, you made your decision, now live with it and move on......back to your corporate forums and LET GO! I know you can't stand it but you are NOT AN AIRLINE PILOT ANYMORE! The only reason you come on these AIRLINE forums is to flame. Funny, coming from a guy who couldn't cut it.

Give it a rest.

Imacdog,

we don't hold accountable those hired after the JC mess. Those that were there are to be held accountable...If they didn't like what he was doing they could have had him removed from office but no one at Comair ever tried to have him unseated.

Oh please...there were many such as myself who disagreed with the decision and said so but what do you expect...was I supposed to quit? Oh yeah, I'm sure as a six month FO on probation, my campaign to unseat JC would have been real successful. What happened has taken on a life larger than reality and both sides need to let it go. Here's some extra reading to help with that hostility:

http://www.webmd.com/news/20000421/anger-health-effects

Here is a piece of your own advice. You left the airlines, you made your decision, now live with it and move on......back to your corporate forums and LET GO! I know you can't stand it but you are NOT AN AIRLINE PILOT ANYMORE! The only reason you come on these AIRLINE forums is to flame. Funny, coming from a guy who couldn't cut it.

Yo Bucky, I don't know how going to one of the strongest companies in aviation is considered "not cutting it" but thank you for your concern. :) I do still have friends at Comair though and I hope to see them succeed as well. That's why I have an interest in what is continuing to happen at Comair. Of course you certainly consider my friends to be scabs as well because they work at Comair and that's also okay. Granted they were also hired several years after this whole furlough/seniority number thing happened but never let rational thought get in the way of a Delta pilot and his ego. ;)

Yo Bucky, I don't know how going to one of the strongest companies in aviation is considered "not cutting it" but thank you for your concern. :) I do still have friends at Comair though and I hope to see them succeed as well. That's why I have an interest in what is continuing to happen at Comair. Of course you certainly consider my friends to be scabs as well because they work at Comair and that's also okay. Granted they were also hired several years after this whole furlough/seniority number thing happened but never let rational thought get in the way of a Delta pilot and his ego. ;)

Funny, with all your insight and pride yet you don't like telling people where you work. Probably because it would deflate the value of your opinion on all the boards you take your knowledge to. BTW...it took about 30 seconds with a search engine to find out you left Comair in the last few years to fly at NetJets. Funny on the other board you claim a manufacturing co out of south bend. Identity crisis?

Last edited:
Bucky ol pal, you really need to read that one "south bend" post again as I previously suggested. Your assumptions are making you look not as smart. That post was in response to an obvious hired union-buster who posts on the fractional board what his "background" is. I made up a post with a completely fabricated "background" to show how easy it is for the union buster to make up lies. I guess it also goes to show that the more gullible members of FlightInfo will believe anything. Oops I guess that means you. Too bad you didn't take my suggestion the first time. ;)

What was the question? It sounds like you answered it in your last post. Then went on to embarass yourself by having poor reading comprehension.

Thats funny. I...have the reading comprehension problem and yet you are the one after two posts cant figure out what a question is. I will give you a hint, it ends with a (?). I will repeat it for you. Identity crises?
The point is independent to south bend post. It is the fact that for your last thousand posts, on almost every board on here, from flight attendants to the Majors, you act as if you are all knowing on every subject. Even with the Majors, which you have never even worked at. You are consistently shady about what you do so you seem more reliable or knowledgeable. You bust on people that are way above your grade with no experience of your own to draw from. When you can't handle it you resort to calling someone else stupid or dumb. Therefore avioding the topic. The point is that you don't have any substance to offer. Its just attitude. You just want to have people think you are something you are not....experienced enough to have a valuable opinion about the thousand topics you post on. IE Identity problem. Thinking or pretending to be something you are not.

You always say that you use to work for Delta/DCI not Comair. Why, are you ashamed. On other boards after someone calls you out you again avoid and tell them YOU flly for "one of the strongest companies in aviation" Why don't you say NetJets. Again...proving my point.

Buckster, I have never been shady about my past at Comair. I used the term "Delta/DCI network", not "Delta" in explaining why I have an interest in these topics. See my signature line, I am not ashamed of anything I have been a part of. Currently I work at NetJets, which you correctly surmised in your previous post. That part where you actually thought I lived in South Bend did get a chuckle from me though :D. You can take my opinion however you want, though I don't know why you consider yourself above my grade, as you so eloquently put it. I fly a small business jet and you fly a clapped-out MD-88. We are both just professional pilots, nothing more so try not to get too big of an ego. If flying an MD-88 makes you feel better about yourself then again, I am happy for you. :)

Now, being an outsider to the "Delta/DCI network" (<---- Look! I didn't say "Delta"!) I can express my opinion however I see it. Unfortunately for you, acarpe and Puffy that means calling your bullcrap. One doesn't have to be a Delta pilot to read posts from ignorant Delta pilots like yourself and acarpe on this board. Stuff like taking pleasure in other's misfortune because of who they work for is something a child does. Acarpe is a child but perhaps you are not beyond saving? I'm sorry my posts get you so emotional. It's just a chat board. :)

Latest resources

Back