Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Comair and ASA = Out.

Pinnacle, Compass and Mesaba = In.

Is anybody surprised by this? Anderson used to run NWA, and has strong ties and loyalties to the guys running the Airlink carriers. Croneyism at it's finest. WHat ties does he have to any of the DCI carriers? We all are, after all, too dang expensive. Out with the old, in with the new.

Doesn't Mesaba have a snapback after so many airframes?

Comair and ASA = Out.

Pinnacle, Compass and Mesaba = In.

Is anybody surprised by this? Anderson used to run NWA, and has strong ties and loyalties to the guys running the Airlink carriers. Croneyism at it's finest. WHat ties does he have to any of the DCI carriers? We all are, after all, too dang expensive. Out with the old, in with the new.

I agree with the main chunk of your statement, but I don't think ASA is "out" like you say. The possibility of shrinkage is definitely there, and I wouldn't be surprised at some furloughs, but to predict doom and gloom is at best pre-mature.

Everyone is feeling the squeeze with the excpetion of a select few. ASA is not the exception, but given the state of the industry and economy, we aint doing that bad.

OK I get the snap back thing on the pay rates. That's good for them now, but a couple years down the road when Mesaba and Compass aren't growing anymore, suddenly you have a lop sided pilot group where everyone is senior. Take a wild guess who's going to be Delta's b!tch then... Enjoy it while it lasts fellas.

Latest resources

Back