• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair 700/900s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm starting to think that one of two things will happen to us in 2009.

1. We'll be shut down.

or

2. The entire operation will be moved to JFK.

I'm starting to think that one of two things will happen to us in 2009.

1. We'll be shut down.

or

2. The entire operation will be moved to JFK.

Makes you wonder with the Mesaba, Compass and Pinnacle getting ALL the new flying for Delta and Comair not getting ANYTHING.

I think the rumors, which is becoming more and more frequent about Comair becoming a ground services only company is true.

A former manager told a bunch of people this before he was let go. he said after the merger, Comair was done. The United stuff is a wet dream and if Mesa goes under don't expect Comair to get it. I don't pay attention to rumors, but with events unfolding the way they are, you wonder.......is this it for Comair?

ANYTHING.

I think the rumors, which is becoming more and more frequent about Comair becoming a ground services only company is true.

quote]

Mesaba pilots were led to believe the same thing we Mesaba was bidding all the nwe Ground RFP's

Just a game MGT plays...

Stay strong

Comair and ASA = Out.

Pinnacle, Compass and Mesaba = In.

Is anybody surprised by this? Anderson used to run NWA, and has strong ties and loyalties to the guys running the Airlink carriers. Croneyism at it's finest. WHat ties does he have to any of the DCI carriers? We all are, after all, too dang expensive. Out with the old, in with the new.

I have never been one to believe all the doom and gloom at Comair but these recent events are starting to make me a believer.

It will be pretty tough to get a new flying job in these current economic times. Sure, Mesaba is hiring at $24000 a year. Thats $12 dollars and hour at a 40 hour a work week job! Holy S***, why did I go to college, go to flight school, move back and forth across the country a half dozen times to be away from everyone I have ever known including my family?!? For $12 dollars an effin hour. Flying is not worth this BS.

The pathetic part is that as a college grad with a Finance Degree I am worried about trying to replace my piece of s*** job making $45000 a year. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect this career to be so bad.

Sorry about the rant but I just needed to vent.

P.S. COMAIR (not Mesa) SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Comair is done. More furloughs, no a/c awards, and this Mesaba taking Comairs' a/c.

Last one leaving turn out the lights.

If this place sinks, we should get all of the pilots together for a press conference at the lookout next to 18L and tell the public why the once most profitable airline in the world was dismantled. Over 1000 pilots with Soap on a Rope around our knecks.

If this place sinks, we should get all of the pilots together for a press conference at the lookout next to 18L and tell the public why the once most profitable airline in the world was dismantled. Over 1000 pilots with Soap on a Rope around our knecks.

They don't care.

They don't care.

Anybody know what the most senior current fulroughee's number is? The way I figure 120 more will be within a number or two of me.

Comair and ASA = Out.

Pinnacle, Compass and Mesaba = In.

Is anybody surprised by this? Anderson used to run NWA, and has strong ties and loyalties to the guys running the Airlink carriers. Croneyism at it's finest. WHat ties does he have to any of the DCI carriers? We all are, after all, too dang expensive. Out with the old, in with the new.

ASA has a contract with definitive aircraft and flying minimums. Comair doesn't. When ASA(or Skywest Inc I should say) and Delta are in court about breaching contract, then you can use this arguement. Stop dooming and glooming...

Latest resources

Back