Comair 1113

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gnx99,

I have no doubt that within the next year or two you will see the error of your statement. What goes around comes around, the only difference being that they won't need a judge's approval to a$$ rape your group.

ex j41,

That's exactly what they will get from me starting tomorrow. This is war and I guess they didn't learn the first time around not to declare war on this pilot group.

Comair announced today that it plans to file a section 1113 motion this week asking the bankruptcy court to give us the right to implement changes to the pilot agreement if we cannot secure a mutually acceptable agreement in the timeframe the motion sets forth.
"Several factors drove our decision to pursue this path," President Don Bornhorst said in a memo to employees. "Over the past year, we have worked very hard toward a consensual agreement, and that is still our preference because that is what is in everyone's best interest. However, discussions with the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) that have been ongoing since July give us no indication that a consensual agreement will indeed be reached -- our differences are simply too great economically and philosophically."
don't worry, everything will be ok....they have alpa! maybe another picket will solve everything.....

WSURF

I came from PDT and I know for a fact that if you talk to 98% of our pilot group they would have never acted the way Mr. Rayban did. How is this coming back to bite us? I don't remember us ever giving to get RJ's. I do believe Comair created the RJ. I still hope you the best. Just read that US Airways wants to get rid of more RJ flying. I don't know if you work for PSA or PDT but at least understand that we are going through the same crap you went through,but worse. At least at PDT there wasn't any other competition for flying DASH-8

Believe me bro! I am in your corner!! I guess Captain Cocky just pissed me off a bit!
We went thru a rough ride also! Basically being told that all Props will be gone by 2007..... PDT & ALG Merger.... PSA gets all the jets... So we were basically hung out to dry...
I just knew when MESA hit the DELTA ramp there was gonna be trouble for Comair and ASA, just like at US Airways!
Good Luck

I don't remember us ever giving to get RJ's.

You don't? Everyone else remembers when Fred sold you on a pay freeze for more RJs. Maybe you don't see a freeze as the same as "giving", but just about everyone else did. All the same, I think what they are doing to you guys is criminal, and I sincerely hope that you guys can find a way to win.

They have to secure paycuts now, since there is a pilot pool out there of only a handful of qualified applicants. The supply curve is shifting in our favor.

You know, we ought to start a union so we can protect our pay. err....

don't worry, everything will be ok....they have alpa! maybe another picket will solve everything.....

You guys love to blame everything bad that happens to airline pilots on ALPA. The fact is (and yes this is a fact) that if Comair were not ALPA we would not have enjoyed the pay, benefits, and work rules that we currently have, and we still would have taken a pay cut when Comair filed for bankruptcy. Golly gee, those terrible unions, out there fighting for my pay check, they are so awful.

Here's another fact. If you jokers are airline pilots (which is doubful with experience listed as "all" and "---") you are reaping the benefits of ALPA. That is not debatable.

Good luck guys and gals!

Comair announced today that it plans to file a section 1113 motion this week asking the bankruptcy court to give us the right to implement changes to the pilot agreement if we cannot secure a mutually acceptable agreement in the timeframe the motion sets forth.
"Several factors drove our decision to pursue this path," President Don Bornhorst said in a memo to employees. "Over the past year, we have worked very hard toward a consensual agreement, and that is still our preference because that is what is in everyone's best interest. However, discussions with the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) that have been ongoing since July give us no indication that a consensual agreement will indeed be reached -- our differences are simply too great economically and philosophically."

I'd guess given the trend that there won't be much "winning" going on for the pilots at Comair. At least in the short term. I think it's interesting that seemingly many of the regional carriers are having problems with staffing. These CEO's are not stupid. I'm sure they realize that although they are making money now, that eventually they will have to raise pay rates, increase benefits and have better work rules to attract qualified pilot applicants and importantly, keep qualified pilots. Easier to provide 15% increases from tomorrow's pay scale than it is from today's scale.

It wouldn't surprise me if pilotyip is correct regarding a "shortage" so to speak in the next year. Certainly given the decrease in pilot training that occured post 9/11.

Mr. I.

These CEO's are not stupid. I'm sure they realize that although they are making money now, that eventually they will have to raise pay rates, increase benefits and have better work rules to attract qualified pilot applicants and importantly, keep qualified pilots. Easier to provide 15% increases from tomorrow's pay scale than it is from today's scale.

Mr. I.

What needs to be understood is what they consider "Qualified." for management 1500 hours and an ATP and 250 hours is the perfect crew. Low seniority= Low pay and they are certainly more manageable that a crew that has being around for a while. Younger crews typically don't have a good understanding of their contracts therefore it is easier to get them to do stuff (Contract violations mostly go unreported with NEW low seniority pilots) that it is not that ease to do with experienced crews.
People that have being around for a while are considered by us the pilot group as experienced. To management, they are a liability of cost.
Their wish is that everyone that has 4 plus years seniority at a Regional will leave. If you think that they will raise salary to keep experienced crews around, you are dreaming.

Latest resources

Back