Comair 1113

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NOLEFAN

Comair announced today that it plans to file a section 1113 motion this week asking the bankruptcy court to give us the right to implement changes to the pilot agreement if we cannot secure a mutually acceptable agreement in the timeframe the motion sets forth.
"Several factors drove our decision to pursue this path," President Don Bornhorst said in a memo to employees. "Over the past year, we have worked very hard toward a consensual agreement, and that is still our preference because that is what is in everyone's best interest. However, discussions with the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) that have been ongoing since July give us no indication that a consensual agreement will indeed be reached -- our differences are simply too great economically and philosophically."

yea.... I got into a pissing contest with a comair captain about 2 years ago in HTS! I told him that the same sh$t that happened at US Airways Express was gonna happen to them! He was wearing a leather jacket and Ray Ban's, and his cocky attitude was like ' no way man'!!! yes way!!! sorry but I hope for the best........ I just keep picturing the noob!!!!

More crap being thrown on the "regional" airline pilots. This is just complete BS and I am getting tired of it. The only way this is going to stop is for all pilots to realize they are next. We are screwing ourselves. Airline management is in a full blown attempt to get rid of unions so they can impose their terms on all of us. It is happening at Comair, Mesaba, ASA, and others. Time to stand up. If you don't, you will get whatever they want to give you while they get rich.
Stand up to them Comair. Sorry you have to go throught this.

More crap being thrown on the "regional" airline pilots. This is just complete BS and I am getting tired of it. The only way this is going to stop is for all pilots to realize they are next. We are screwing ourselves. Airline management is in a full blown attempt to get rid of unions so they can impose their terms on all of us. It is happening at Comair, Mesaba, ASA, and others. Time to stand up. If you don't, you will get whatever they want to give you while they get rich.
Stand up to them Comair. Sorry you have to go throught this.

Well PDT, ALG and others tried to step up! But with every other airlines losing there mind for RJ growth nobody cared! Now its all come back to haut them!
I agree, Mesba folks are getting the big hose! Now that wages are so low that mainline folks are willing to fly at those rates, we are all in trouble!!
I wonder if my wife will hire me at her company!!! Geezzz..

yea.... I got into a pissing contest with a comair captain about 2 years ago in HTS! I told him that the same sh$t that happened at US Airways Express was gonna happen to them! He was wearing a leather jacket and Ray Ban's, and his cocky attitude was like ' no way man'!!! yes way!!! sorry but I hope for the best........ I just keep picturing the noob!!!!

Do you want a medal?

Originally Posted by NOLEFAN
"Several factors drove our decision to pursue this path," President Don Bornhorst said in a memo to employees.

Several Factors...the main one being that Mesba just got away with it.

Pay someone crap and pretty soon that is what you get in return!

WSURF

I came from PDT and I know for a fact that if you talk to 98% of our pilot group they would have never acted the way Mr. Rayban did. How is this coming back to bite us? I don't remember us ever giving to get RJ's. I do believe Comair created the RJ. I still hope you the best. Just read that US Airways wants to get rid of more RJ flying. I don't know if you work for PSA or PDT but at least understand that we are going through the same crap you went through,but worse. At least at PDT there wasn't any other competition for flying DASH-8

Latest resources

Back