• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair 1113

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesaba let the camel's nose under the tent. Now that a court has set precedent to throw out the contract with a no-strike injunction, every airline is going to try it.

Actually they won't raise salaries to keep experienced crews, they'll raise salaries to actually attract crews. There are plenty of people that have considered flying for a career in the last five years that have said "forget it" after considering all the issues involved. I know quite a few myself. I'm sure others here know plenty as well. A company in any industry can only run operations at bare minimums for so long until employees become so fed up they seek other employment or another career.

I'm well aware that longer term pilots are more expensive. No doubt. As flying is a homogenous activity, to a manager concerned with bottom lines, pilots are simply widgets. Pop one in and pop one out. To some extent they are correct. The details to why they are not should be evident to most professional pilots and probably wouldn't be believed by a high level manager.

The downward forces on regional pilot wages and pilot wages in general can only last so long. Laws of supply and demand will eventually shift wages upward whether it is in a year or three to five years. Manangement at regionals have a nice weapon in saying we need to get this flying so you need to work for less money so we can bid successfully for it. However, at a certain point, people just say the hell with it, I'm done with this place. Personal belief, I think the fracs are putting pressure on the regionals to some extent as the $$$ and benefits are ridiculously better from regional FO to frac FO position as is the QOL in most cases.

As some have said on here, management needs to be careful for what they wish for. My thought is that they know wages and bennies are going to have to go up soon so they want to get as much from the pilots now as they can.

Mr. I.

don't worry, everything will be ok....they have alpa! maybe another picket will solve everything.....

Dumb A$$ if we didn't have ALPA then they would have forced crap pay on us at once, at least we were able to give it a fight, thats a great fight they have going on at skywest, the name of there war is just take it and like it.

Or they will just lower the qualifications required to become a crew member.....The more business friendly choice. And they will..... watch, just look at the multicrew ticket that is being approved internationally. You get hired in a big kid jet liner with 10 hours in an actual airplane and only 10 hours of solo time. Everything else done in the sim

Or they will just lower the qualifications required to become a crew member.....The more business friendly choice. And they will..... watch, just look at the multicrew ticket that is being approved internationally. You get hired in a big kid jet liner with 10 hours in an actual airplane and only 10 hours of solo time. Everything else done in the sim

This is true, unfortunately! There will never be a shortage of low paid pilots! As a result of this program, there will be a shortage of highly paid pilots!

Latest resources

Back