Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Snaab said:
118....It MUST spend more time in the hangar at HEF than on the line.

Snaab

Better or worse than LVJ. That was the nightmare airplane when I was there. God, I hated that thing.

118 is a real piece of work! Flew it the other day, don't think that plane would make it through the summer. Pax came on and said it smelled like a farm. Glad its getting replaced with a B model...ATC isnt gonna like us climbing at 200fpm @ 140kts with the A models during the hot summer months.

Apparently a decent B model is hard to come by these days, or so I'm told, and because of that the A model 30 day leases seem to keep getting extended longer and longer, i'm affraid we might end up with more.

GEORGE DUBYA said:
Okay here is a good rumor I heard we are getting our first saab 2000 in spring 2007 from a saab rep. Next time you are in Albany ask them why they have some prop blades from a saab 2000 as well against the hangar wall.

I asked, they said they were C130 blades. Although how that would be more believable, I don't know.

yeah what would c130 blades be doing in the colgan hangar? Do we have a government contract to repair c130's? The military ran out of room in their hangar? They are saab 2000 blades I saw them. I saw a crj owner's manual also and a emb 145 flight simulator in a secret hidden room opposite the crew room in the Albany hangar. I also have inside information that we will start serving hot towels on our flights. Stay tuned life is going to get realllllllll interesting here at Colgan.

I can see where Big H is complaining about how someone junior to you can get paid more just because they got the SAAB. Back when I was there they didnt do that whole transition from the 1900 to the SAAB thing. So with the diff in capt pay there would be SAAB capts 2 or more years junior to some Beech capts making more money because back in the day it was you get hired in the Beech you staid there until you quit, no transition to SAAB. Enough people got screwed by that, that right before I left they started to transition a very few senior Beech guys.

Latest resources

Back