• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem is that at Colgan a 1 year seatlock can turn into 2 years easily .... and FYI, over the last six months the Saab has been upgrading faster than the Beech, perhaps that's how we get Saab captains that are way junior to Beech captains (not counting street captains of course, that's a whole other dimension of cheap at colgan)

And as far as I know (not sure if it's still done like this) but at Eagle if someone junior to you holds a line on larger equipment (higher pay) you are (or maybe used to be) entitled to retro on the higher pay ... this is not accounting for seat locks tho ....

dingo222 said:
I saw a new 340B in united colors at manashole while we got stuck with the bonus repo last night. THey said it just came in from Roswell yesterday. Any ideas where it's going?

I would say the United side.......

Big H

If there is no one with the time to upgrade in the beech how due you suggest they fill the captain spots?

Plus I just get a call from a guy in June 1 transition upgraded last June in the beech his PC was even cancelled.

sam

Last edited:
TheBigH said:
The problem is that at Colgan a 1 year seatlock can turn into 2 years easily .... and FYI, over the last six months the Saab has been upgrading faster than the Beech, perhaps that's how we get Saab captains that are way junior to Beech captains (not counting street captains of course, that's a whole other dimension of cheap at colgan)

And as far as I know (not sure if it's still done like this) but at Eagle if someone junior to you holds a line on larger equipment (higher pay) you are (or maybe used to be) entitled to retro on the higher pay ... this is not accounting for seat locks tho ....

I always compare my current job to the previous one and the current one at Colgan is WAY BETTER. I don't see why you always refer to what you've heard about QOL in other airlines compared to what you have???

Who cares that Saab has faster upgrades for now? If you were promised a one year upgrade and you've upgraded in 13 months, it's not a bad deal, is it? Or would you feel a lot better if Saab FOs that started with you would still be FOs now???

I've met tons of transition CA, I think they get the best deal, 2 types in less than 3 years and tonns of PIC.

Think of all those furloughed pilots with X-times more experience than you that can't find a flying job. May be that will cheer you up!

FC

And BTW, you can always b!tch about anything at any job. It's epidemic in aviation!

Hey flying corporal you need to put that old picture back!

dh82dvr said:
i heard FLL was opening by the end of the year

"I always ask all the FO's if they've got any good rumors, and if there aren't any good rumors.....I like to start one" -dh82dvr (March, 2003 somewhere over eastern NY)

Okay here is a good rumor I heard we are getting our first saab 2000 in spring 2007 from a saab rep. Next time you are in Albany ask them why they have some prop blades from a saab 2000 as well against the hangar wall.

chperplt said:
Were you then given the opportunity to work there?

Unfortunately not. They were interviewing 42 for 8 positions, and I didn't make the cut.

I talked to Mikey and it sounds like the Saab that just came from Roswell is going to be replacing the beautiful 118, cant say i'm sad to see that thing go.

Latest resources

Back