Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GEORGE DUBYA

I heard we are getting saab 2000's in Jan. I overheard a conversation yesterday in the chief pilot's office while i was waiting to get yelled at

Hello,
That would be great, but I'll believe it when I see one in Colgan (Continental Connection) colors. I am also surprised given the overload that the training department is that they can introduce a new type in that short a period of time. So, I'm a little skeptical of the Super SAAB being on the property in January. Drop me a PM, I'd appreciate it.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead aka HYA Hot Reserve Biotch

yeah George thats good info! After that I heard 747-400's!!! Hahahahh You load clown! Hows upgrade going?

Steve told me we were getting 50 seat prop aircraft (saab or Dash 8-300) to replace express jet on some of the short routes they fly in CLE. He said the start date was late spring next year and they expect to be caught up in the training department by then.

I also heard that they might be getting some of mesaba's saabs and possibly fly of their routes. Rumors

MHT340bcapt said:
Steve told me we were getting 50 seat prop aircraft (saab or Dash 8-300) to replace express jet on some of the short routes they fly in CLE. He said the start date was late spring next year and they expect to be caught up in the training department by then.

Funny what management tells their pilots. CommutAir management is telling folks that they have the exclusive contract in hand for CLE cabin class turboprop flying for Continental. A signed and sealed cost plus deal as of last week.

Interesting to see who will be right.

suupah said:
I also heard that they might be getting some of mesaba's saabs and possibly fly of their routes. Rumors

Perhaps....... 10 Mesaba Saabs could/will be gone by January 4th.

GEORGE DUBYA said:
I heard we are getting saab 2000's in Jan. I overheard a conversation yesterday in the chief pilot's office while i was waiting to get yelled at

Production for the Saab 2000 ended some time ago, and only around 60 were made.

You think there are enough on the market right now to make up a "fleet"?

Just FYI the SAAB 2000 was never certified for FAR 121 flying. General Motors had 3 of them back about 3+ years ago. They tried to get them on a 121 cerificate, but could not. Something to do with the certification of the aircraft. It needed something on the aircraft but did not have it when certification was done to meet FAR 121 or 135. It can fly part 91 in the US that is about it. I don't know if you remember at all Pro Air that was operating out of Detroit City running 737. They tried to aquire the SAAB 2000 from GM to start a little regional but were unable due to the certification on them. This was back about 7 or eight years ago.

Latest resources

Back