Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RichardRambone

Ive done a search on Colgan and have heard the bad and good. I'd like to know what the lifestyle of a first year FO with them is like. You know the usual, where I could possibly be based, ballpark salary for an average FO, schedule, current upgrade times, etc. Anyone who could help me out I would appreciate it.

I know a few guys who were picked up at 520ish..

man, thats low.

i was also thinking of buying some multi time when I get my ME rating. Maybe ari-ben. the 100 hr thing whee you split it 50/50 safety pilot but logg 100 pic.

do the regionals have any problem with that kind of time?

I can't speak for the airlines but I'd think they may bat an eye to that. If it's SIC in anything that doesn't require it or anything in the gray area I dont log it as such. I also stopped logging approaches unless I shoot them to mins.

The XJet guys were ATP instructors who went through a CRJ Standardization course.. I applied with mor time than those guys and was told "thanks but no thanks.."

You need 1000 total and 200 or so multi to be really marketable to a regional...

Richard - why not log an approach you shoot? I mean, I shoot alot of approaches down to 3/400 over mins.. You still shot every bit of that approach...

I dont shoot that many approaches very often but I read a letter (on flightinfo.com of course) from the FAA that stated that an approach isn't considered a loggable approach unless its flown to mins. I don't think anyone really cares how many approaches you've shot unless its to meet the currency requirements but thats what the Feds say as far as I can understand.

Ahh.. read a letter on flightinfo.com. :)

I'll have to look up the reg.. I wouldn't understand why it would only be a "true" approach if you flew it to mins.. I mean, you could break out 100 feet above mins and that doesn't count??

Your right though, the only reason to log them if for currency, I don't think anyone else cares..

Latest resources

Back