• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Colgan

RichardRambone

Banned
Total Time
Ive done a search on Colgan and have heard the bad and good. I'd like to know what the lifestyle of a first year FO with them is like. You know the usual, where I could possibly be based, ballpark salary for an average FO, schedule, current upgrade times, etc. Anyone who could help me out I would appreciate it.

Tram

RaarR! SLM will getcha!!
Total Time
1653Z
I know a few guys who were picked up at 520ish..

Hipster Loser

Registered Loser
Total Time
man, thats low.

i was also thinking of buying some multi time when I get my ME rating. Maybe ari-ben. the 100 hr thing whee you split it 50/50 safety pilot but logg 100 pic.

do the regionals have any problem with that kind of time?

RichardRambone

Banned
Total Time
I can't speak for the airlines but I'd think they may bat an eye to that. If it's SIC in anything that doesn't require it or anything in the gray area I dont log it as such. I also stopped logging approaches unless I shoot them to mins.

Tram

RaarR! SLM will getcha!!
Total Time
1653Z
The XJet guys were ATP instructors who went through a CRJ Standardization course.. I applied with mor time than those guys and was told "thanks but no thanks.."

You need 1000 total and 200 or so multi to be really marketable to a regional...

Richard - why not log an approach you shoot? I mean, I shoot alot of approaches down to 3/400 over mins.. You still shot every bit of that approach...

RichardRambone

Banned
Total Time
I dont shoot that many approaches very often but I read a letter (on flightinfo.com of course) from the FAA that stated that an approach isn't considered a loggable approach unless its flown to mins. I don't think anyone really cares how many approaches you've shot unless its to meet the currency requirements but thats what the Feds say as far as I can understand.

Tram

RaarR! SLM will getcha!!
Total Time
1653Z
Ahh.. read a letter on flightinfo.com. :)

I'll have to look up the reg.. I wouldn't understand why it would only be a "true" approach if you flew it to mins.. I mean, you could break out 100 feet above mins and that doesn't count??

Your right though, the only reason to log them if for currency, I don't think anyone else cares..

indianboy7

I'm Scerrrrd!
Total Time
Hipster Loser said:
do the regionals have any problem with that kind of time?

SkyWest just sends people home when they have that kind of time.....2 people out of my interview group got sent home after the first hour because of it.....especially if they barely have the mins....at 1700/600 pilot might be able to squeeze by...but 1000/100, good bye...

Sam Snead

Roger, Roger.
Total Time
indianboy7 said:
SkyWest just sends people home when they have that kind of time.....2 people out of my interview group got sent home after the first hour because of it......

Don't let this happen to you. Stay away from 'soft' time like hour-splitting. Many apps only ask for Part 1 PIC time to negate this very problem.

BTW... Colgan #99***.... 99-01. B1900

Beechjetr

Total Time
some
RichardRambone said:
I also stopped logging approaches unless I shoot them to mins.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Unless I go missed/around before the published mins, all of my instrument approaches are flown to mins, and then past.

Pedro

Not too happy...
Total Time
$$$$$$
Tram said:
I know a few guys who were picked up at 520ish..

That's only for internal hiring though. For a couple months they hired people with 700/1, but that was about a year ago. Right now they want 121 and 135 experience, or turbine time.

Tram

RaarR! SLM will getcha!!
Total Time
1653Z
Yeh, that is true Pedro - seems to be internal hiring or ATP instructors...

Pedro

Not too happy...
Total Time
$$$$$$
Tram said:
Yeh, that is true Pedro - seems to be internal hiring or ATP instructors...

I didn'tknow it was 500 for ALLATPS instructors, I thought it was 600,as published, but with pref interview.

Tram

RaarR! SLM will getcha!!
Total Time
1653Z
Eh, a few have slid under the 600.. I know 2 guys who both have Xjet interviews in the comming weeks that are both under 600.. Very close, but still under..

Pedro

Not too happy...
Total Time
$$$$$$
That kinda sucks for the rest, I know few people with over 100 trying to get an interview.

Pedro

Not too happy...
Total Time
$$$$$$
A couple guys in my class had around 700 hrs and they did great.