• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan training contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew with a former FO at cologan and when they called him to get there training contract money, he just said that he would make some calls to the FAA on the Mx practice and forcing crews to fly broken planes.

He never heard from them again.

FORCING??? Who's fault is that?

Kinda different when you don't have a union behind you that can keep you from getting fired. But then again that is different story all together.

Bottom line is, they didn't bother him for money after he told them he'd make a couple of phone calls.

Last edited:
If you quit and they come after you for the money be sure to ask them how their contract for de-icing fluid in PKB is coming along. Last I checked they owe $26,000 and have started trucking in fluid so that they don't have to pay.

I flew with a former FO at cologan and when they called him to get there training contract money, he just said that he would make some calls to the FAA on the Mx practice and forcing crews to fly broken planes.

He never heard from them again.

I have never been forced to fly anything, and really haven't had any problems for the times I refused to fly.

If you quit and they come after you for the money be sure to ask them how their contract for de-icing fluid in PKB is coming along. Last I checked they owe $26,000 and have started trucking in fluid so that they don't have to pay.
I'm surprised the PKB airport authority didn't learn with Regions. I think our payables were in the $20k range when they held our flight "hostage" (No fuel or de-ice until they were wired the money)

It's amazing what a small airline can get away with

Latest resources

Back