Colgan To Fly 340's For United!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BeechCowboy48 said:
I was gonna write my letter in crayon, but another guy in the crashpad ate the whole box so I had to use a sharpie marker instead.

Did he leave the wrappers all over the floor? Are you that dude i saw in BOS with the black marks around the nostrils? Be careful with those things, it's not a toy.

Been with Colgan longer than most on this post and have never flown an aircraft that i did not want to. I sleep in my own bed every night and get to see all of my kids school activites. Y'all can beat on Colgan all ya want, but quality of life does not get any better.

Been with Colgan longer than most on this post and have never flown an aircraft that i did not want to.

Of course you haven't.... There are/were plenty of pilots at Colgan that don't do a walk around either. Maintenance can fix the problems at the end of the night, right?? The first question the Feds asked me the Monday after the crash was how many people pass along MELs on a cocktail napkin. The second question was is that the way JB and DN want it?? I think you know the answers to both of those questions.

I sleep in my own bed every night and get to see all of my kids school activites. Y'all can beat on Colgan all ya want, but quality of life does not get any better.

If you can spend every night at home and not have to wonder when the next engine is going to sh!t itself, you have real QOL. What Colgan offers is not real QOL.

You all fly safe now!!

*****DISCLAIMER*******

The above drivel is not directed towards anyone in particular.... Just my monthly Colgan rant.

Last edited:
Colgan was better than Eagle.

That's all I have to say about that.

Hey chperplt, Congrats!!!!!

Congrats, I have done some reading on them and they look to be staying just below the radar where any company in this industry should want to be.

I was in HYA the day of the crash and I knew them well. But mx has mproved and there has been some alot of work to insure that day would not be repeated.

I was in HYA the day before and wrote the plane up... I think it was the 4th or 5th I had written up in a 2 month span for the same problem. Nothing like getting up to altitude and finding your pitch trim is frozen!

I would like to believe that MX has improved, but the rash of engine failures over the past 6 months leads me to think the overall performance is the same.

The sad part is it's not just a knock on the MX department. I've spent many hours/days/weeks in the HYA and ALB MX hangers and saw first hand the pressure those guys are under. Every 5 minutes HEF is calling to see when the plane will be ready. It's not hard to understand why oil fittings get missed or left loose.

What the guys did on 210CJ was criminal, but I don't think that's the norm in the entire department.

The recent engine deal I think was a bird ingestion. Not sure what a Mech. could have done about that, my experience has been that a lot of HQ check on the planes multiple times during the proccess is usually the norm. The difference is that usually the crews are not in as closes ear shot of the calls.

chperplt said:
If you can spend every night at home and not have to wonder when the next engine is going to sh!t itself, you have real QOL.

AMEN!

*****DISCLAIMER*******
The above drivel is not directed towards anyone in particular.... Just my monthly Colgan rant.

None taken...permission to continue monthly rants is approved now see a new thread for monthly rant...it's a good one

Congrats on your checkride and enjoy the real QOL you earned it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back