• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan street Capt.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't rely on outstation basing for much longer the transition to hub basing has already started. Chances of getting ALb out of training depends on the need for Capt's/Fo's at the time and your seniority in your class. Good luck

ALB will stay a base only because of the MX. They are spending big money on the hangar. Other outstation bases will be going away...but you can't lose in the Capital City.

whats up brother?

I think the bottom line is COLGAN RULES and colgan pilots who supported ALPA should go away they suck as pilots. Go to express jet and republic we don't want you anymore. Oh and you got the Beech because you didn't do as well in the sim like us who got the SAAB. LOSERS!

I think the bottom line is COLGAN RULES and colgan pilots who supported ALPA should go away they suck as pilots. Go to express jet and republic we don't want you anymore. Oh and you got the Beech because you didn't do as well in the sim like us who got the SAAB. LOSERS!

Put the pill bottle down!!!!!!

Factoring in attrition, transitions to the Q, etc, no F/O's will lose upgrade slots once they have the mins, even with street captains.

Just got an email looking for street captains.
Can anyone tell me about ALB? could I get it right out of training? how long on reserve? Is it mostly back at base at night?

you should be able to get ALB with no problem. Is a Mx base and noone wants it!!! I honestly think with my exp flying into LGA every day and swapping A/C almost every night and giving it to the ALB guys, it sucks. You will be flying broken airplanes all the time and your schedule will probably change 9 out of 10 times every week.

This is the best and shortest way to lear how to be a test pilot.......... good luck

I think that if you really want to break into the airline world...Well, regional airline H*LL that is. Your best best would be to go to Compass or somewhere that is going to get you into the left-seat of something that pays better and doesn't have a glass ceiling. Being a street captain really is going to suck at CJC if the put you in the 1900. Great airplane, but it IS being retired slowly, but surely from Colgan Air.
I can't really speak to the situation on the SAAB, but I do know that CJC has reached critical mass on the number of upgrades that it can do in the next 9 months, which is the period of time that the Q-400 will be delivered.
Best of luck to you in your airline goals, but like I said unless geography is the only factor. Perhaps consider another company.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Last edited:

Sorry you guys didn't get your representation. ALPA would have absolutely worked (and succeeded) to protect the seniority and upgrade rights of your current FO's.
Is it true PCL is hiring street captains? I have heard a few rumors that we're losing FO's who are going to PCL to be a captain. PCL ALPA right?
So what happened to the protection there?

No, it is not true. Nice try.
Not trying anything.
Just been hearing rumors we're losing FO's to PCL because they're hiring street captain.

Happy you got your flower now?

Latest resources

Back