Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Prop2Jet

What has the industry come to?

"At our current upgrade and attrition levels, we will exhaust our internal pool of upgrade/transition candidates who will meet the minimum requirements sometime this fall. At this point, our only alternative is to look at the possibility of hiring Captains externally in order to meet our growth plans and the commitments we have made to our code-share partners. "

hhahahha.... When you grow real fast, treat your people like a peg in the wheel this is what you get "abnormally high attrition in the pilot ranks."

You ( as in management) might not have these issues, and that goes for all regionals not just Colgan, if you pay more, treat people with respect, and act accordingly.

Nice bed that you all made, enjoy sleeping in it.

This doesn't sound like it hurts the company nearly as much as it hurts the current FO's who may be close to upgrade mins. All of a sudden their CA slot has disappeared and who knows when another one will open up.

Sorry you guys didn't get your representation. ALPA would have absolutely worked (and succeeded) to protect the seniority and upgrade rights of your current FO's.

Last edited:
Just got an email looking for street captains.
Can anyone tell me about ALB? could I get it right out of training? how long on reserve? Is it mostly back at base at night?

Gimme a break ALPA would do what? When 2 years from now when we get the first contract? We don't have any FO's left who are even close to having ATP mins. We have to hire street captains.

Don't rely on outstation basing for much longer the transition to hub basing has already started. Chances of getting ALb out of training depends on the need for Capt's/Fo's at the time and your seniority in your class. Good luck

Just got an email looking for street captains.
Can anyone tell me about ALB? could I get it right out of training? how long on reserve? Is it mostly back at base at night?

Latest resources

Back