• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Erlanger

Colgan Air to shut down by late September
July 25, 2012

Colgan Air plans to layoff its last remaining 53 employees based at Albany International Airport by Sept. 22, according to Examiner.com.
Colgan, a division of Pinnacle Airlines Corporation, provided regional flying for United Airlines and US Airways.
The layoffs will effectively shut down the airline, which has gone through rounds of layoffs and reductions in flying as part of Pinnacle’s reorganization in federal bankruptcy court, the story said.
The carrier notified the New York State Labor Department of the date, which was moved up after United Airlines decided to end its agreement with Colgan in September instead of December.

Last edited:
Yes it is news. Now that Colgan's name and operating certificate will disappear, who knows what will happen to the 3407 lawsuit.

Who cares...

The family of 46 passengers cares...........

The family of a guy living in a house in Clarence, NY cares..........

Your employer, a sad excuse of an airline has disappeared just as quickly as it grew exponentially with no oversight. And now, there are many family members of victims who may not get the appropriate compensation for their losses.

And you have the gall to say "who cares"?!?!

Pinnacle bankruptcy will no doubt affect the monetary values of any 3407 lawsuits/settlements. There's an update for ya.

I can't speak for anyone on this board, but I think the type of 'who cares' responses aren't intended to minimize impact of 3407 on anyone whatsoever. Instead, it's more of a common sentiment these days, like "I am about to get displaced, downgraded, furloughed, screwed, etc., but Pinnacle." That affects our pay, QOL, commute lengths, etc., etc. And that sucks.

Last edited:
To all my former Colgan homes that stayed to the bitter end, best of luck to ya.

I still remember back in 2004 before the IAH expansion started someone in Manassas stating that growth is good but too much of a good thing could hurt you in the end.

DN was right about that. Talk about Karma. So long CJC RIP

I dont think the Colgan guys can complain much about 9E considering how much they gained in the Bloch award. They still have jobs despit Colgan disappearing altogether. In fact, some 2007 DOH Colgan captains are still being awarded RJ captain positions.

Last edited:
To all my former Colgan homes that stayed to the bitter end, best of luck to ya.

I still remember back in 2004 before the IAH expansion started someone in Manassas stating that growth is good but too much of a good thing could hurt you in the end.

DN was right about that. Talk about Karma. So long CJC RIP

What bitter end? Comair is gonna have a bitter end. Colgan's end will be felt with a majority of Colgan guys in Pinnacle RJ seats at the downgrading and displacing expense of original 9E pilots.

Latest resources

Back