• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan pilot a terrorist!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dont know this guy and I sure wont be converting anytime soon but dont forget what country we live in! He deserves to have his day in court and a chance to prove himself. In one way or another this COULD HAPPEN TO YOU. I was sitting in EWR this morning and there was a news articale on CNN about, a us district attorney, an air force general (also airline pilot), and an 11yr old on the no fly list. What a freaken joke......ruining someones career becuase of a possible computer screw up.

If he is guilty than Im glade they got him but I have little faith in HOMLAND SECURITY.

Last edited:
If this guy wanted to be taken seriously he should have shown up in court looking like a professional pilot. I.E. clean shaven instead he decides to show up dawning his Muslim beard. Sorry buddy you can't have your cake and eat it too! I might have felt bad for him if he looked like a coworker.

I dont know this guy and I sure wont be converting anytime soon but dont forget what country we live in! He deserves to have his day in court and a chance to prove himself. In one way or another this COULD HAPPEN TO YOU. I was sitting in EWR this morning and there was a news articale on CNN about, a us district attorney, an air force general (also airline pilot), and an 11yr old on the no fly list. What a freaken joke......ruining someones career becuase of a possible computer screw up.

If he is guilty than Im glade they got him but I have little faith in HOMLAND SECURITY.

It isn't hard to have your name on the no fly list. I've had co-workers in the same boat. The news media treats the few stories they have done like it is only 3 people out there. That poor 3 year old boy!!! BOO HOO!!!

The Homeland Security Department can give you a certified letter when you prove you are not the actual person on the list. My question for this guy is this, Is he the one on the list or another guy with the same name? If it is the latter, then no problem. If HE is the guy that was put on the list then HE needs to prove why he shouldn't be on it. If the DHS tagged him, then there IS a reason he popped up on the radar. All this beside the fact that his wife is OOOOOGLY!!!!

For all the people posting in support of the DHS I sincerely hope you are kidding. Sarcasm is hard to detect on a board full of morons.

Lest you forget the case of Robert Gray, another airline pilot "terrorist". He ended up with his day in court and won, but not before the DHS tried everything in their power to ruin his life and career. All for no apparent reason. To this day they won't say why, but the best guess is that it started out as a mistaken identity and ended up with DHS bureaucrats covering each other's asses. Easier to ruin a person's life for "secret reasons" than to publicly admit you made a mistake. Gotta get that promotion you know.

There are at least 400,000 people and posssibly as many as 1,000,000 on the "terrorist list". Funny how none of them seem to ever be arrested for actual terrorist activities...

If this guy wanted to be taken seriously he should have shown up in court looking like a professional pilot. I.E. clean shaven instead he decides to show up dawning his Muslim beard. Sorry buddy you can't have your cake and eat it too! I might have felt bad for him if he looked like a coworker.

It's not against the law to be Muslim.

It isn't hard to have your name on the no fly list. I've had co-workers in the same boat. The news media treats the few stories they have done like it is only 3 people out there. That poor 3 year old boy!!! BOO HOO!!!

The Homeland Security Department can give you a certified letter when you prove you are not the actual person on the list. My question for this guy is this, Is he the one on the list or another guy with the same name? If it is the latter, then no problem. If HE is the guy that was put on the list then HE needs to prove why he shouldn't be on it. If the DHS tagged him, then there IS a reason he popped up on the radar. All this beside the fact that his wife is OOOOOGLY!!!!

The government has not charged him with anything and if they did the government would be responsible for proving his guilt not the other way around. Without getting into specifics think "innocent until proven guilty".

It's not against the law to be Muslim.

You are right and I never said he couldn't. But what I am saying is that he can practice Islam without the beard. Not to mention show up in court looking like a airline pilot and it will gain him more support.

Honestly I could careless if he worships Peter Pan!!!

The government has not charged him with anything and if they did the government would be responsible for proving his guilt not the other way around. Without getting into specifics think "innocent until proven guilty".

So is he the actual person on the list or is it just someone that shares his name?

Since he is the one taking the government to court to get his name off the list, then HE needs to prove his case. He isn't being charged with anything, like you said, HE is charging the government with something and now the burden of proof is for him to prove that he was wrongfully put on the list. The only way to do that would be to prove why he isn't a terrorist. This time the government is "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY".

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back